Looking for Snowmobile to appear on NBC

This is for announcements on the site and our come back.

Moderator: john

amandac

Looking for Snowmobile to appear on NBC

#1 Post by amandac »

Hi everybody,

My name is Amanda and I'm working on an upcoming show for NBC/The Weather Channel called From the Edge with Peter Lik. The show follows famous landscape photographer Peter Lik on his journey/adventure across America to get that one beautiful picture. We are going to be shooting in Alaska starting in Fairbanks on March 13 and heading up to Chena Hot Springs and Old Bettles. We will end up back in Fairbanks on March 19.

I am looking to rent a black or dark colored snowmobile-nothing too bright or flashy. I'm looking for something that's a little tricked out but not too shiny & new. The vehicle must be insured and registered.

I absolutely understand that these are very special vehicles and people's babies, but we are not going to do anything crazy with it. We will be tooling around Chena Hot Springs and use it to go from Old Bettles Lodge down to Old Bettles Ghost Town.

Please let me know if you know of anyone who would be willing to rent out there vehicle.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Amanda Cowper
Production Assistant
Peacock Productions
amanda.cowper@nbcuni.com
(C) 917.288.4439

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Looking for Snowmobile to appear on NBC

#2 Post by john »

Amanda,

How did you plan to get it to Bettles ? There are no roads into Bettles, so you'd be better off trying to find a local in Bettles after you all fly in. Sometimes there is an ice road, but that is usually put in by the miners.

I believe Chena Hot Springs resort has snowmachines for rent and may be more convenient to your needs in that area, as you'll need not only a snowmachine but a trailer to haul it with.

It's a 170 miles (+-) from Fairbanks to Livengood on the Dalton (Dirt Hwy) and then about 30 miles (+-) on the trail/ice road via snowmachine to Bettles. I don't imagine you all want to sled your camera gear in <BG>

amandac

#3 Post by amandac »

John,

Thanks for the reply. We actually aren't taking the snowmobile up to Bettles (when we discovered the logistics) so the snowmobile will travel up to Chena Hot Springs and back.

We have already rented several snowmobiles at Chena Hot Springs Resort, but the snowmobile that will be see on camera (the picture snowmobile) needs to be black or some other dark color. The snowmobiles up there are bright yellow.

Thank you and if anyone has any questions please email me at amanda.cowper@nbcuni.com

Amanda

Summit800

#4 Post by Summit800 »

How can anybody not like a yellow sled?

paulneva

#5 Post by paulneva »

Amanda,

I suggest you contact one of the dealers in Fairbanks. They usually have used machines in stock and may have exactly what you are looking for. They would probably let you have it for free for as long as you want because of the promotional value.

If that fails, I have a registered, insured black Ski-Doo, but my insurance would not cover it as a rental so you would have to get your own insurance. Are you planning on riding it from Fairbanks to Chena Hot Springs or trailering it out there and back? What are the dates that you would need it? I may be able to help you.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

Amanda,

What dates ? I assume your riding them from Fairbanks to Chena Hot Springs from your post or as Paul asked, are you trailer them ?

depending on date(s) I may also have one you could use locally, but again as Paul said, can't rent it and have it covered by my insurance.

I might be willing to ride along and let you "borrow" one of mine, its a maroon colored, again, depending on dates.