It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:37 am

All times are UTC-09:00

Post subject: Snowmachine thieves
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:20 pm 

Snowmachine thieves

Feb. 12, 2007

To the editor:

Friday, Feb. 9, I came home from work around 1 p.m., (we live in the 6 mile village area behind the 49er club) only to pull into my driveway and notice someone had stolen both of our snowmachines, the trailer, an older black Fold-a-sled, a new 100 lb. tank and a plastic 5-gallon gas can.

My wife and I were appalled that someone would come onto our property and steal something. I am scheduled to deploy to Iraq in a little bit and this really bothers me. I not only will have to deal with the daily stresses of being in Iraq, but also deal with the stress that these low-lives threatened my family. Who knows what they will do next?

These scum-sucking leaches have no respect for those who make an honest living and support a family.

Please call if anyone saw between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. in the Badger Road / Old Rich Highway area, a double-wide snowmachine trailer, a Goertzen brand, Alaska License 3813R, non-tilt, with a 2001 Polaris 550 RMK trail Indy, License S80576, with a brand new factory cover, a 1998 Yamaha 600 MT Max, license SE4939 with a brand new factory cover, and in front of the snowmachines turned sideways was the black Fold-a-sled with the 100 lb. tank strapped to the sled and a plastic 5 gallon gas can tied to the side of sled.

I have heard that it is very unlikely that we will get them back. I will never leave anything unsecure in my yard again.

To those scum suckers who took our winter fun, I hope and pray you get your just rewards.

As for us getting replacements, it will be a long while before we can afford them. To all who have items in your yard or driveway, please lock them up so this doesn’t happen to you. I am offering a $500 reward for the return of these item. If anyone has any info please call Alaska State Troopers at 451-5100 or 378-0805.

William Powell

North Pole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:58 pm 

Sad world, I put up some flyers for bill in the shop and there is some at the power plant here downtown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:30 pm 

People will steal anything. A lady was walking out of fred meyer and someone ran up to her cart as she was pushing it and took her purse right out of it.