Plastic runners for ramps?

Technical discussion related to engine performance, clutching, setup, and other snowmachine modifications.

Moderator: john

Bulldog

Plastic runners for ramps?

#1 Post by Bulldog »

My 4 place trailer came with a 4' long ramp, but the height of the trailer combined with the long track machine sometimes allows the machine to get high centered. If I get enough speed I can make it, but a longer ramp would make loading easier. I'm thinking about making a 6' long ramp and want to find some plastic pieces like was is on the stock ramp. Where can I get some sheets or strips of plastic here in town?
2009 Arctic Cat Crossfire 1000
2009 Arctic Cat M1000
2006 Arctic Cat Bearcat 570 Longtrack

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Plastic runners for ramps?

#2 Post by john »

Any of the dealerships should have what you need, if I order trailer stuff online I usually look at http://caliberproductsinc.com/snow.htm

Of course you do what I do and use an old track, its heavy, but it works well.

Yooper

#3 Post by Yooper »

Whitespruce trailers, located between Fairbanks and North Pole sells a great product called "Super-Glides". You can also google Super-Glides and find into about the poduct as well as find places that sell the product online.
Brad

2007 Ski Doo Summit XRS 800
2004 Ski Doo Renegade 600

Summit800

#4 Post by Summit800 »

I have the superglides for the ramp on the sled bed I built, 10' long ramp, 5 foot high deck, fairly steep. I could not make the climb without some sort of guides, and these work very well. I have heard of people taking a used plastic bed liner and cutting strips and screwing them down.

COS

#5 Post by COS »

Alaska Rubber
Van Horn rd.
Any size you need. Black is cheapest. (recycled HMUV).
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ