Help/Advice needed

Technical discussion related to engine performance, clutching, setup, and other snowmachine modifications.

Moderator: john

usaof1_army

#16 Post by usaof1_army »

Ok guys update. Let the sled sit for 20 minutes after I changed thte plugs and smelled the gas. Went out asnd it fired right up. The throttle still seemed to be sticky when it was cold, but after the sled warmed up it seemed just fine. I am going to go ride a bit and see if all is good and if it is I will see you tomorrow in Fox and if not I will still see if they can get me in at the outpost. But right now all is well.

Greg
Live for today, dream for tomorrow, but never dwell on the past. Life is way to short

usaof1_army

#17 Post by usaof1_army »

Hey guiys bad news. Was going down the Chena to Compost so I could cut across to The outpost and sunk my sled in the river. So I will not be there tomorrow. Going now to try and get the thing out or at least figure out how to get it out..

Later Greg
Live for today, dream for tomorrow, but never dwell on the past. Life is way to short

usaof1_army

#18 Post by usaof1_army »

Ok so a quick update. I went back to Compose Ski-Doo and Mr. Compos was there waiting for me and he got two of his employees,a boat and his tractor and to the river we went. Got the boat down there anad managed to break the ice out to it and hook a ropr to it and then he got the tractor and pulled it out and up the huge bank. Once up he had one of his guys get the bobcat and they took it right to the shop so it would not freeze and started draining the water. We/they worked on it for about an hour in the shop and drained all the fluids out and told me to leave it there over night so it would not freeze and pick it up in the morning. So as I was leaving I went in to see what I owed for all the kindness and Mr. Compos just told me to write a letter to the editor and that was it. I could not believe it. I have never had anyone out of the kindness of their hearts give up 2.5 hours of their time plus two of his employees for nothing. I was going to write the letter anyway, but now it will be all the better. He was a very nice and caring man and I still cannot believe he did what he did when he did not need to do anything. I guess there are still some people out there that will go out of their way for a stranger. I went to The Outpost and they told me to bring it right over after I pick it up and they will get it right in. So we will see, but I can tell you one thing when I buy a new sled it will be a sled from Compose. Even though I have never owned a Ski-Doo before there is always a first for everything, but I owe them more than my sled and I just thank God the water was only 5 feet deep or so where I went through
So there is the story and I am sure it will be in the papers as the Idiot that did not know when to stop..lol

Greg

john
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Post by john »

Craig Compeaus is one of the better men in our community. He has always supported FST and the sledding community in general.

Glad you got your sled out and they drained ASAP, probable saved your sled and you from lots of $$ for repairs.

I sent you a PM

usaof1_army

#20 Post by usaof1_army »

Hey just thought I would keep everyone up to date on my last swimming adventure. Well The Outpost just called me and when it is all said and done my machine is up and running and the bill was kept right at 200 bucks and so I cannot complain about that and so I am happy. Like I said before it could have been a lot worse and I am thankful for people like Mr. Compeau and his employees Larry and John for all they did. So it was a very scary and hard way to learn a lesson, but it was a lesson that will not be soon forgotten.

Brian shoot me a PM if you want to ride sometime since I know your work schedule

Later Greg

john
Administrator
Administrator

#21 Post by john »

Yeah and you made front page news. :)

usaof1_army

#22 Post by usaof1_army »

Thanks for the update John...haha.. Trust me all I have heard since Saryeday morning is how much of a dumb ass I was even though everyone found it funny as *beep* after the fact and they knew I was safe. It was a very hard, scary and bad way to learn something, but it was not a lesson that will be soon forgotten. I can take everything everyone has to give me cause I know it could have been much much more worse than it is.
But again thanks for the smile tonight and I am ready to ride once I get back from DC on the 1st. I will be leaving Saturday for the week, but planning on riding once I get back and looking forward to meeting the ones who have offered help and yes jokes too. Have a great night

Greg