100 mile trail staking and locating 31 July

Summer time is for ATV riding and trail work. Post your thoughts, trail maintenance wants and any summer rides here

Moderator: john

larry morris

Re: 100 mile trail staking and locating 31 July

#16 Post by larry morris »

Hello everyone,
We are a go for Saturday. We will meet at 10am. I will post where later. I invite all to a briefing at the big dipper conference room Friday at 5pm. I will supply pizza and sodas. Tom will brief us on the mission and we will look at maps and answer questions. Should only last 45 minutes to an hour. Please let me know who will attend the briefing so I can get the proper amount of Pizza. I will also send this by e-mail. This is my first time also so, sense of humor would be appreciated.

Thanks.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Post by john »

Larry, for those of us who can't make tonight, when and where for Sat AM and is Sunday an option for those who can't do Sat ?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Post by john »

Nice Pics of the trail and all.

http://www.snowtravelers.org/gallery/al ... lbum_id=26

Anyone going to tell us how it went and where exactly you all worked on the trail ?

larry morris

#19 Post by larry morris »

Hello all,
We worked on the portion of the 100 mile loop from the end of gilmore trail to anameta. We found that the existing trail is not good for summer travel, however I think would be good for winter. We looked for a way around the boggy area and may have a way. More next year.

On another note: the borough is still looking at a grant and at the least will make monies available for signage and work from the levy to CHSR. I also asked about having 2 routes (winter and summer) in the above area. Tom said that would be OK.

David

#20 Post by David »

John did you ever get the phone number for the guy that had the 5 acres for sale?
Let me know if you can.
Thanks
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

john
Administrator
Administrator

#21 Post by john »

David,

I passed on your contact info to him.

I'll see about giving him a reminder.