10 Mile

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

REVITUP

10 Mile

#1 Post by REVITUP »

Just curious, has anyone ridden the CHSR 10 mile trail?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

I was wondering the same thing.

I heard that there are trees down across the trail .. Might have to go check it out this weekend is the temps aren't to low.

If I do I'll post an update with some pics.

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

Which trail is the 10 Mile CHSR Trail?

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Chuck, deleted that double for you :) I got the same thing recently. I'll have to do a little research and see if I can find out what's causing it.

The Trail in question is the one from what use to be 10 Mile Merchantile to Chatanika Trail. The one that has always been an issue early in the season at Fish Creek :)

I believe someone at the meeting last week mentioned that a friend of his said there was a bunch of trees down and on the trail on the CHSR side. :?:

cleary

#5 Post by cleary »

John,

Here is my post from Sunday, the 14th:

We rode up here yesterday. From Cleary Summit we headed down the Alpha C Site Trail which now has enough snow and was good riding. We kicked a little snow into the Fish Creek Crossing, crossed without any problem, proceeded to Iowa Dome and down the Cleary Summit/Chena Hot Springs Road Trail to the logging roads. Back up the trail and down into Last Chance Creek and up the creek until we ran into monumental over flow, or "Big Ice" as we call it. Not having studs we turned around started retracing our track back to the start of the Alpha C Site Trail where we took the Bear Creek Cutoff to the Old FE Powerline. Up the Powerline to the Circle Trail and on to Chatanika. The trail from Monkey Rock on the Circle trail to Chatanika is rough but not horrible. The rest was all good riding. We rolled the trail from Cleary to Champagne Rock last week. Not enough snow to groom.

Chuck

We road to the logging road that comes from CHSR to the bottom of the trail up to Iowa Dome. No problems. It had already been broken out from the CHSR side. The Fish Creek crossing was fine.

Ronnie has groomed the trail from the Lodge up the Cleary Summit Trail to Champaigne Rock. I've done a little grooming up here. Need more snow to really groom.

Chuck

Chuck