28 Mile Elliot

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

David

28 Mile Elliot

#1 Post by David »

We rode the 28 mile Elliot today White Mountain area, I didn't see any of the FST today I might have missed you some where.
The trail was pretty good but kinda bumpy, we rode back about 58 miles and back out.
The weather was great, we met a lot of dog Teams today must have been there day.

Dave

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

13 FST folks meet at Hill Top and had breakfast. 5 went to 57 mile Elliott, 1 didn't ride, just came for the food :) and 5 of us started out at 28 mile Elliott at around 9:30 AM. We rode past the Borealis LeFever Cabin about 3 or 4 miles and the trail started getting so rough we decided to turn around. We had lunch at the Borealis LeFever Cabin and hauled a few logs back for firewood for future user.

After lunch we headed back tot he rigs. We did about a 52 mile day and enjoyed the ride for the most part. The glacier ice on the trai was pretty bad in at least 2 spots. Passable, but use caution.

David

#3 Post by David »

Thanks John.

I think we are going to the 57 mile next saturday and see if we can get to windy gap or make the loop and come back out via the river and over the mountain.

You are right the trail in the 28 mile was pretty rough I am pretty sore today but believe me these new 4 strokes are the cats butt. pretty smooth
and lots of powwr.

See you on the trail.
Dave