bearqst

Who's been to Summit

#1 Post by bearqst »

Anyone been to Summit or Cantwell yet :?:

How's the base looking :?:

Dean Allen

#2 Post by Dean Allen »

Cantwell and Summit
Last Friday and Saturday part of the group I ride with was in Summit. They drove a pick up with a fourplace trailer all the way into McLaren Lodge with no problem, NO SNOW. Two of them rode up to First Aid from the Arctic Man camp area. One of them is replacing scags and studs this week, NO SNOW.
I drove through Cantwell on Sunday and Tuesday. 3" of snow in the parking area at the towers and 3" to 4" at 196 with 5" to 6" in the parking lot of the Igloo, NO SNOW.
Discouraging news I know but unless you just want to take a drive OR we get some snow this week you may want to save your time and money for later in the season.
Dean Allen

lutrellrf

#3 Post by lutrellrf »

I'm sure I didn't listen to Dean Summit has plenty of snow. Fielding lake is frizen. The snow was so deep the truck had to leave the pad. We coulden't make it to First Aid! With out a long track your not getting up there. Yes you still have to watch for rocks but that is true even with 50' of snow doen there. All I can say to load em up boys!!
Ron
377-3480
488-7075

Dean Allen

Snow at Summit

#4 Post by Dean Allen »

Wow Ron, Sounds like Summit got dumped on since my group was down there. Good news for sure.

polarisgirl

SUMMIT LAKE

#5 Post by polarisgirl »

There's lots of snow at summit lake! They just got at least 6 inches of new snow last weekend. It snowed all THANKSGIVING weekend down there. My friends were at their cabin and actually didn't go riding because it was snowing so hard! There's definitly enough snow. But like someone else already said, unless you have a long track, you aren't going to get up first aid. LOTS OF SNOW!!!!