First Ride

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

First Ride

#1 Post by john »

From Tuesday, just past the tit, or so I was told.
photo.JPG

usafracer

Re: First Ride

#2 Post by usafracer »

Oh yea time to get the sled out of the garage and ready to go!!

dirtyrice

#3 Post by dirtyrice »

That definitely looks like the back side of the tit, but was it really taken when it was claimed to have been taken?

A buddy of mine wants to go take a look see on sunday, if I go i'll report my findings!

cleary

#4 Post by cleary »

Friday we spent the night in our Camper at the south end of Summit Lake. I would be stretching it to say there was 2 inches on the ground when we left Saturday morn. I've attached a pic of conditions today from the FAA Isabel Pass cam. That is Fielding Lake in the lower right. We have 2 or 3 inches up here on Cleary Summit.

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

DR, let us know what you see past the tit, curious if it was this year, the pic that is.

with that said, I rode the Bearcat once around the yard and then on the trailer to drop off for annual service and the M6 twice around, just because I could :)

cleary

#6 Post by cleary »

Measured the snow this morn and we have 3 inches. Couldn't resist and fired up the sleds. As you can see we don't have near enough. On the bright side, all 3 started without a problem. :needsnow:

Chuck :big_grin:

Darrell

#7 Post by Darrell »

I see a groomer there too you are ready!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

dirtyrice

#8 Post by dirtyrice »

Went to Summit on Sunday. The trail in to the hill is scraping rocks quite a bit, once you get up there its maybe knee deep to the dirt. The light was flat so we went to the tit and stopped halfway up when it became hard to see. After sittin there for a few a group of guys came out towing a nice looking M sled that was missing its whole left suspension. When we saw that we decided we saw enough and headed out. Lots of people are damaging their sleds on rocks, mostly because they are stupid and try to carve in 30 inches of snow and hammer into a rock.

I'll likely wait till mid nov before going back.

It was fun to ride again though :)

and by the way John, I think that pic is bogus, altough I didn't go over the tit and the clouds were right on top of us so we couldn't see. What we did see was brush and rocks everywhere. I don't see any brown in that pic.