Maclaren Lodge Report-DHTC

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

REVITUP

Maclaren Lodge Report-DHTC

#1 Post by REVITUP »

Hello All,

Once again it’s time for your friendly little Denali Hwy trail report.

Since last week we have very little new snow to report, but NOAA does show a weather front moving in that may dump some more of that white goodness upon us.

At this time, all trails are in and the riding is great in most areas. The snow right now is still really fluffy, so even though it isn’t a banner year for snow at this point, the snow is really fun to ride. Every ride you come back with yourself and your machine covered in snow. What fun.

The Hwy to the west still remains in good shape. To the east the wind has blown some of our snow-pack off the road between 8 mile and 15 mile so you have to ride the ditch to get around these areas.

Weather has been very nice for this time of the year. We had 11 degrees today, so we are certainly enjoying that.

We look forward to seeing you

Alan Echols

Denali Hwy Trail Club

paulneva

Re: Maclaren Lodge Report-DHTC

#2 Post by paulneva »

Conditions were great on our Maclaren ride last weekend. The highway in and out was the best I have seen it. There is something over three feet of snow in the valley. The top was soft powder with heavier snow underneath. The powder hounds-rode over to hills around Seven Mile Lake on Sunday morning. There was enough deep snow for all of them to get stuck at on place or another. They all looked very satisfied when they got back to the Lodge!

I saw a lot of cameras on our ride. Mine wasn't working. I would really appreciate some pictures for the Ride Report. Please post them in the Gallery or send them to me at paulneva@acsalaska.net.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen