Wind Blown!

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

irshpryd40

Wind Blown!

#1 Post by irshpryd40 »

So My wife and I and a few friends load the trailers up on Friday evening and pack the bags for a early morning trip to Summit/Paxson for a full day of riding. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. Couldn't sleep the night before due to being so excited! I get up at 0400 and make the sandwhiches and get the truck warmed up. The wife gets up at 0515 and gets around. We all load the truck up and head to the gas station and leave there by 0600. Get on the road there is Snow everywhere from Salcha to Black Rapids we are so pumped up. Finally we get to ride in the deep stuff! Well we passed Summit up because we got to talking and missed the turn off by 25 Miles. So we turn around and get to the Monument. We look to the East and what do we see? Wind BLown Hills! No snow on them. We figure lets ride down the trail/road there and see if it gets any better. Nope! Every hill out there was Bare! It was Horrible. So we head back and blow a tire on the trailer to top the day off. Glad you guys got some riding in. We should have went with you all. Nice Pictures John pretty cool.

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wind Blown!

#2 Post by john »

Bummer on Summit, we heard they had 3 feet of powder, or so the rumor went during our ride. Guess I'll nix that trip for now.

So why how was the road at Paxson to McLaren ? Not that farther down the road.

usafracer

#3 Post by usafracer »

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of heading down there next weekend but unless it starts snowing again I will put that trip on hold.

Polostroke

#4 Post by Polostroke »

I wish you had posted this earlier... We went that way on Sunday and got the same experience.