Where to go?

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

Darrell

Where to go?

#1 Post by Darrell »

Been thinking about going toward Manley next few days anyone do any riding down there or know of a place to stay? How about you ever been into hutlinana hot spring or over the trail to Rampart?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

hvhavel

Re: Where to go?

#2 Post by hvhavel »

Manly Hot Springs is the best! The people are wonderful. There is no place to stay there, though you could camp out.

Another great place sorta near there is Beaver Point Lodge - the food is great. They are only open by appt. though - http://www.alaska.net/~beaverpoint/

Darrell

#3 Post by Darrell »

How about the Minto lodge ever stay there? or any thing around Eureka?

Christien&Shelbye

#4 Post by Christien&Shelbye »

Wife and I have been wanting to ride from the top of Murphy Dome to Tolovana for a while as well as do some exploring off the Dunbar sled road out in the Minto Flats. I'm somewhat planning on setting up a wall tent halfway between Fairbanks and Tolovana next winter preferably on a lake where we can do some ice fishing and act as a base camp for trips into the Minto flats. Kinda late in the season to mess with it this year; and my primary sled is in the shop again. But if she comes back reliable and in good working order we might be up for joining you for a weekend ride before arctic man if you are looking for some riding buddies. I know Jill & Eric said they had dome some riding down towards the Dunbar from Murphy Dome and told us that there was low snow. But that was a good month back before we got this last 12+ inches.

Christien & shelbye

Darrell

#5 Post by Darrell »

Ill see how it goes this next week and report back to you.

Darrell

#6 Post by Darrell »

Well once again we did not get there! On 3/14 we drove to Livengood turn on the road to Manley didn’t go a quarter mile till a state truck waves us down and said the road is open one lane and they quit at 530 pm and think the road will blow shut again. So we didn’t go and drove up to the Yukon River instead. Boy the last big hill before the river had some great snow on it looked like it was along the coast instead of the river.
And once again 3rd year in row I was to go into the Nabesna country last week, but another bad break wife couldn’t get off work, so we had to cancel. The week before that I spend $450 at Darby’s getting my clutches work on and Mike tells me with 8500 mile on the ski-doo I should get the top end rebuilt as the piston skirt have a habit of breaking off and take out the motor, so what to do? Ride these last weeks and hope I make it or hang back and rebuild in the fall??
Hope you spring is going better then mine.
:sad: