visiting in march

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

jodydmurphy

visiting in march

#1 Post by jodydmurphy »

HI! 2 of us are visiting fairbanks in early march and would like to go for some rides. We can't pack our machines so can anyone recommend who to tour with. We are looking for long rides and an overnight at chena hot springs.
Thanks for your help!!!! Jody and Joe Murphy

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: visiting in march

#2 Post by john »

Would suggest you look towards Chatanika (about 30 miles north) (phone # 907.389.2164) or even the McLaren (about 175 miles south) area for riding. There's a link to McLaren Lodge on the main page.

Rentals might be hard to find these days. Drop an email or PM to "Alaskan Polar Bear" (user on the site) he may know more on rental options.

xpxmike

#3 Post by xpxmike »

I think there is a palce in Petersville that has sno go's for rent and lodging? My friend went there ove xmas and had a great time. I am sure he said they were around $160 a day for the sno go. I can get a name and number if you want.

Mike

COS

#4 Post by COS »

I would recommened Greg Shaffer I don't know the name of his buisness but he has been an awsome help this year on the Yukon Quest trail. He is locally owned. He offers guided trips or machine/trailer rentals. Nice/news machines too. Lots of Arctic survival knowledge. Here his cell......... 388-55317.

Let him know you got the number though this club!

Eric (mile 101)
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ