Unplanned Ride

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Unplanned Ride

#1 Post by john »

Had an excellent ride yesterday. We had breakfast at Chatanika and hit the trail about 10:15. The riding in the valley wasn't so good, lots of dirt showing. But once we got up the ridge it was excellent. Lot of fresh powder on the had pack.

Some photos Chuck took.

[albumimg]1080[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1081[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1082[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1083[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1084[/albumimg]

David

#2 Post by David »

Hey we had a great ride today also, went in at Nome Creek and rode to both camp grounds actually riding the ditch was great most of the way as well. went up Quarts Creek trail and hit the mountains riding was great did some high marking just plain had a great day, wouldn't reccomend for extreme riders but great for family fun. :) :)
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

We too went to Nome Creek yesterday. Imagine we rode in David's tracks and his crew in ours. We first went up the Quartz Creek Trail but turned around when the portion of the trail along Little Champion Creek got very side-hilly. We played in some nice, gentle , wind-shielded bowels on the way back to the Nome Creek Road. Down the Nome Creek Road to the trail to Richard's Cabin and into the cabin. Had lunch at the cabin and then proceeded into the hills above the cabin to Dog Sled Rock, see photos. Headed back to the Nome Creek Road and made a loop through the Ophir Creek Campground and then blasted back up the road and over the hill to our rigs and mile 57 Steese. Great riding, fresh snow and a smooth road. Snowing and blowing up here today.

Chuck

[albumimg]1101[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1102[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1103[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1104[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1105[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1106[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1107[/albumimg]

David

#4 Post by David »

Great pictures chuck I plan to ga back up this Sunday we had such a great time ,I have never been to Richards cabin, how is the trail and is it easy to find the hill /mountain you all were on?
With all this snow I know there will be a couple more week ends of riding.
Dave :rofl:
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

cleary

#5 Post by cleary »

David wrote:Great pictures chuck I plan to ga back up this Sunday we had such a great time ,I have never been to Richards cabin, how is the trail and is it easy to find the hill /mountain you all were on?
With all this snow I know there will be a couple more week ends of riding.
Dave :rofl:
This was our first trip to Richard's. The trail was great. Some one had been there ahead of us and turned around at Champion Creek. Was that you? The creek was full to the brim with overflow but was well frozen. The trail on the other side of the creek is about 100 yards downstream. The cabin is a nice big cabin with lots of trails heading out of it. Don't know where they go but would be fun spend a couple of days at the cabin and run them.

It would be a shorter drive and ride using the McKay Creek Trail if there's still snow at the trail head next Sunday. We would join you but we're heading for Summit, The Denali Highway and Maclaren Friday for a week or so.

Chuck

[albumimg]1108[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1111[/albumimg]

David

#6 Post by David »

Going up to Nome again Sunday if any one wants to tag along about 9 30 or so
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)