Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

bearqst

Where's the snow ?

#1 Post by bearqst »

First snow fall we can ride on ? where ???? :?: :?:

Marty Hall

#2 Post by Marty Hall »

It's right there........... only it's not flakey....... And by the time the rain stops next week it's all going to be watery........ RATS! :x

bearqst

#3 Post by bearqst »

Got spare pantoos around the garage :lol:

Marty Hall

#4 Post by Marty Hall »

Is it working now? Can you hear me now? I see a reply did in fact post. I didn't think it did. Maybe it will now, also.......... :)

Marty Hall

#5 Post by Marty Hall »

Is it working now? Can you hear me now? I see a reply did in fact post. I didn't think it did. Maybe it will now, also.......... :)

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

Your in and you posted... :D

So where is the best riding this week... Is there any at all :?:

#7 Post by Guest »

Test this one and see

lutrellrf

Snow

#8 Post by lutrellrf »

I'm hearing there is snow :shock: you just have to get above 1,500' Don't know about the rest of you buy I'll be headed south this weekend. Can you spell Summit?
Ron
377-3480
488-7075

bearqst

Re: Snow

#9 Post by bearqst »

lutrellrf wrote:I'm hearing there is snow :shock: you just have to get above 1,500' Don't know about the rest of you buy I'll be headed south this weekend. Can you spell Summit?
What elevation is the parking area? Are you planning on driving 1/2 of dirt first :roll:

lutrellrf

#10 Post by lutrellrf »

I think the parking lot is 2500' I know we jet for 3000 down there. The guys that went down last weekend said it was ride able. Our plan is to go and see, if it’s rocky we’ll just hang out and call it camping. We have a fairly big group so far three rigs firm and two probably. If there is not enough snow to ride across the field we’ll be at the end of the Arctic man lot. It there is enough snow we’ll be at the Pipeline crossing or Fielding. The confusion is driven by not knowing the snow conditions. Carey and I will be going down early and the motorhome is fairly easy to spot. Everyone will bring some fire wood so we can set by a fire in the evenings.

How did you guys put the pictures by your name in the profile?
Ron
377-3480
488-7075

bearqst

#11 Post by bearqst »

lutrellrf wrote:Everyone will bring some fire wood so we can set by a fire in the evenings.

How did you guys put the pictures by your name in the profile?
At least you'll be warm 8)

They are called Avatars.. Login, go to your "profile" scroll down till you get to the Avatar Control Panel. Hit the browse button. I have a bunch of smiley faces and some others. If you have your own image you uploaded, go for it or email it to me...

Just keep the image size down to 110 x 110, otherwise it'll slow the load time of the site.

BACKWOODSLODGE

SNOWING!!!!

#12 Post by BACKWOODSLODGE »

:D HEY THERE...IT'S SNOWING BEAUTIFULLY IN CANTWELL...JUST STARTED 12 PM. DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH, BUT IT'S ALWAYS A HOPEFUL SIGN :P NO GREAT ACCUMULATION, YET KW

john
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Post by john »

Hey lutrellrf,

Better check out the Who's Been to Summit.. Dean's buddies went riding there last weekend. There replacing skags and ski's this week :?

cleary

More snow

#14 Post by cleary »

Saturday, Nov. 11, 4PM

I just got back from driving to town. I couldn't believe the difference between here on Cleary Summit and the lowlands. It has been snowing all day up here. We've had several more inches up here today. If you drive out this way you won't see snow until you pass the Pedro Monument. There's plenty of snow for riding on all the old mining roads up here on top.

:D Chuck :D

lutrellrf

My Vote is Summit

#15 Post by lutrellrf »

Well I'm sure glad we idin't listen to all the nay sayers! Summit was great!! The pipeline has plenty of snow. Down low there is more than this time last year. It snowed more Sat 4-6" and Sunday the sun came out. Can you spell Stuck?? Wind drifts so deep you could loose a car in them. Wonderful, just wondeful. With thw new snow today I'm pretty sure the riding is on :lol:
Ron
377-3480
488-7075