How was Quartz lake Ride

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

How was Quartz lake Ride

#1 Post by john »

Hummm, how did it go, how many showed up, snow good, bad, indifferent ??

I couldn't make it, had to take 12 year old to get her nails done :music:

Darrell

#2 Post by Darrell »

Six of us left the boat ramp around 11:45 and set out across Quartz Lake which was a little wind blown, then onto the ice road around the east side of the lake, it was a lot faster. The trail off the lake to the Good Pasture river was in good shape but like every else could have used more snow. Conditions, Flat light and with it at -10 the snow was slow to settle and add a little freezing fog, you get the picture. The river was in great shape really flat and on a good day would have been a blast. The trail off the river to the lake was good, no one over heated. After a break on the lake we rode around the lake look for a trail that I was told may come in from Delta, seeing no sign of that we rode the rest of way around the lake only to have a machine lean out and burn down one cyl. So we limp back to the river and through the fog one more time, even electric face shields had trouble. We made good time back to Quartz, (about 3 pm). I never did keep a good account of the mileage, so if anyone on the run has that info please add it. It was a good group to ride with.

:sledwave:

rocketdoc637

#3 Post by rocketdoc637 »

It was right around 63 miles total.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

63 miles in under 4 hours, sounds like a good and fast ride, sorry I missed it.