New Mac-Su Trail

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

aragorn

New Mac-Su Trail

#1 Post by aragorn »

Has anyone been on the new Mac-Su Loop that runs between the Denali Highway at the Big Su bridge to Maclaren River Lodge?

Dennis

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

Not I. What side of the Denali Hwy is it on, how far from the Hwy is it.

Sounds like it'd be a good ride.

Darrell

#3 Post by Darrell »

**New**Mac – Su Loop: This trail takes off at the Maclaren Lodge and runs down the Maclaren to the Su River and back up to the

Su Bridge and out on the Denali Highway. This is an awesome trail, in fantastic shape, 110 mile loop. This

Is the route that the Gin Gin 200 will be using.

Quote off the Denali Hwy Trail Club newsletter

COS

#4 Post by COS »

We are heading to Maclaren tomorrow for three nights. The dog race will be over. I hope to take that trail. We will post our findings.
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

aragorn

#5 Post by aragorn »

My wife and I are going to see how far we decide to go from Cantwell early Sunday morning, hope to get a-ways down that trail from the bridge. Will post also. We have a 2003 Skandic Sport 500 fan. I call it the Skandipedic. I also call it Aragorn Stryder, just for grins.
Peace and thanks,
Dennis
2003 Skandic Sport

COS

#6 Post by COS »

We made it in today. (Maclaren) It was windy, around 6 to 15 mile. Tough to see the road in spots. Allen said the Mac/Sue trail is 110 mile loop to & from the lodge and is excellent shape. We hope to take it tomorrow. We will see.
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

mit

#7 Post by mit »

We did the loop today Maclaren River lodge down the Maclaren to the Susitna up the su to the bridge and back to the lodge. left at 11:00 got back at 6pm 110 miles. Except for COS he got an extra 20 miles cause he can't keep his pack on the *beep* Yamaha! :lol: Nice ride, little bit of busted up Ice in the Maclaren, the Susitna was nice and smooth. I did the whole thing with out using extra gas but Cos and his daughter riding them go fast flying machines needed some of the extra 15 gallons that the ol Bearcat was pulling :D More riding tomorrow where will Cos lead us tomorrow :?: :?:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

aragorn

#8 Post by aragorn »

One of you Chevy-drivin' guys left his passenger window open too! We made it to the Bridge OK, too bad whoever it was that decided to drive a truck down the Highway, otherwise it was a race track. Saw some nice dog teams just exercising. My wife was chilly at the bridge so we turned around. In the Spring we'd like to come to Maclaren from the Paxon end and do the loop and also go to Lake Louise. Sure is nice to be out in that country again. Happy New Year to all!
Peace and thanks,
Dennis
2003 Skandic Sport

mit

#9 Post by mit »

aragorn wrote:One of you Chevy-drivin' guys left his passenger window open too! We made it to the Bridge OK, too bad whoever it was that decided to drive a truck down the Highway, otherwise it was a race track. Saw some nice dog teams just exercising. My wife was chilly at the bridge so we turned around. In the Spring we'd like to come to Maclaren from the Paxon end and do the loop and also go to Lake Louise. Sure is nice to be out in that country again. Happy New Year to all!
Yea, someone ran a rig out and maybe back on the road so a some snow is needed to repair it! What day did you get to the bridge?

picture of the Bridge

[img]http://www.fairnet.org/Agencies/FST/PHP ... id=539[img]
Last edited by mit on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tim Berg

mit

Maclaren River riding

#10 Post by mit »

[albumimg]843[/albumimg]

[albumimg]844[/albumimg]

[albumimg]845[/albumimg]

[albumimg]846[/albumimg]

[albumimg]847[/albumimg]
Tim Berg

Darrell

#11 Post by Darrell »

Great pic thanks :shock:

aragorn

#12 Post by aragorn »

Can you give me a step-by-step procedure to enter photos in a post? I have some on my computer that I also put on Flickr.
Peace and thanks,
Dennis
2003 Skandic Sport

john
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Post by john »

Easy, when you start a new post or even reply to a post, look just below the box you enter your text in, there is link that says
Upload Image to our Photo Album
This will add your images to the personal album and also insert them in your post

aragorn

#14 Post by aragorn »

Well all right then...we got to the Bridge on Sunday. Here are some pics, featuring my lovely wife:

[albumimg]857[/albumimg]
[albumimg]858[/albumimg]
[albumimg]859[/albumimg]
[albumimg]860[/albumimg]
[albumimg]861[/albumimg]
[albumimg]862[/albumimg]
[albumimg]863[/albumimg]
Peace and thanks,
Dennis
2003 Skandic Sport