Denali Highway

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

Tillett

Denali Highway

#1 Post by Tillett »

A group of us rode into Maclaren Lodge this weekend. Plenty of snow on the road, but not enough to get off and play yet. Great place for an early season ride.

David

#2 Post by David »

I am just wondering did you go into Maclaren Lodge from Paxson or Cantwell and also do you know how the Road is from
Cantwell?
Dave

Thanks

Tillett

#3 Post by Tillett »

We came in from Paxson. From the lodge its about another 90 miles to Cantwell. We covered the first 30 miles of that and the snow conditions were about the same. I can't say for sure about the last 60 miles. The wind can play heck with the snow on the road, but a quick call to Suzie or Allan at the lodge will get you the most up to date info.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Cantwell to McLaren is a beautiful run. 94 miles to McLaren.

Trail is usually good from Cantwell to approximately 5 or 10 miles before the Susitna Bridge (60 miles from Cantwell to Susitna bridge), then you'll have questionable snow (wind blown) until you cross the Susitna, then it should be good again. Don't take a drag behind with you, load any gear on your sleds.

COS

#5 Post by COS »

I am headed to Maclaren for the weekend. We plan on going towards the Sue. Sat. Will post snow conditions Sunday.
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ