Maclaren, this last weekend, WOW!!!!

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

cleary

Maclaren, this last weekend, WOW!!!!

#1 Post by cleary »

Rode into Maclaren Friday afternoon and came out on Sunday. We found a wind packed base with one to two feet of new powder on top of it. Without a doubt the best riding of this year! You could go anywhere. The really great riding is north and west of the lodge. Also the east fork of the Maclaren is good. Both Friday and Saturday the sky was severe clear.

We started early Friday afternoon and five miles out of Paxson met Alan and the groomer. The next forty miles was as fast as you wanted to go. Same coming out. Took us less than an hour.

All the accomidations at the Lodge were great. Alan, Susie and Amber are super hosts. Should be good in there for at least another month. Contact them at: maclarenlodge@starband.net Website is: www.maclarenlodge.com

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

:P Pictures posted in the album... Check out Chuck and his buried sled.. How long did it take you to get out of that hole :P

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

It took a while. If you look behind the sled you will see that there is no track in the snow. That hole is the result of not keeping your nose up while airborne. The worst part was that my shovel was safely stashed under the cowling. I also used my thighs to modify the angle of the handle bars.

:oops: Chuck :oops: