Valley Center Ride Report

Where is the best riding to so far this year

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Valley Center Ride Report

#1 Post by john »

The weather was great, somewhere between 2 and 10 above, the trail was groomed out of Chena Lakes and a good portion of the trail towards and within Valley Center area.

We had a total of 16 sleds show and then ran into Eric and 2 others for a total count of 19.

The fields at about mile 19 (Winter Trail) was great with lots of powder to play and get stuck in :) ..... We did both...and the Winter Trail was in fairly good shape as well.

If your looking for a good little place to eat, try Mia's, it's about 1/4 mile before Vlley Center on the north side of Chena Hot Springs road. I had a Musher's omlete and coffee for $8.95 and I almost couldn't eat it all, a beakfast recommendation. Not sure how the rest of the menu items are, but if its as good as the Musher, then I would deffinately give them try.

All in all it was a great day to ride and a good short day trip. We didn't continue up the valley to Angle Creek as there was a dog race going on and we didn't want to get tangled up with them. The trail over Table Top was't open yet, so no alternative route. Maybe next time we'll either start earlier and go all the way to Angle Creek or start at Valley Center.

See you next Saturday for the Compeaus to Clear Creek Butte run

bill

Chena Lakes to Valley Center Ride

#2 Post by bill »

Hi John,
Thanks for the great ride yesterday. I had a lot of fun, got to see some great country and meet some good people.

On the way home to North Pole we ran the 12 mile loop around the lake. I’ve wanted to do that for a while and it was nice to have a guided tour.

Thanks for helping me get out of the powder, I knew when I started out I should not have followed every body out there.

Is the Clear Creek Butte ride next Saturday 1/29?

Thanks

Bill Bertam

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Hey Bill,

My mistake, I thought we had a ride next Saturday, it's actually February 5th.

Compeaus to Clear Creek Butte
Meet at Compeaus at 10:00 AM

The ride is on military lands, everyone will need to get a recreation pass. The pass is free and available at the security gate shack to the base.

Those who don't have pass should be able to get one on the morning of the ride. Details to be given later.

FYI: Anyone caught without a pass could be fined up to $250.00.

Also note that this is not an easy ride for beginners. Everyone is welcome, just be prepared for a rougher trail then we've had for the past few trips. And as always, ride will be cancelled if the temps are minus 10 or colder at the airport at 10:00 AM