Skandic Wide Track

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

TheBearAk

Skandic Wide Track

#1 Post by TheBearAk »

I found a Skandik Wide Track, probably 2011-2012 model, out along the Tanana on the 31st. It was covered with snow from the snow storm and the key was still in it. The E-start turns over, but it didn't start. My guess is that it ran out of gas.

I've called the Troopers on it and haven't received any word on anything about it. I went out for a ride today and it was still there.

I really think I need to retrieve it and put it some place safer. My concerns for this are:

Note: it was out there pre-snow storm so I would guess that it has been out there since the 26th or 27th. When the temps were around zero still.

- The owner ran out of gas and walked back...maybe didn't make it. Straight line to the nearest house is about a mile, but walking the trail it would be about 2-3 miles.

- The machine is stolen and the thief just left it there when it ran out of gas

- The machine is sitting there and will be cannibalized for parts or stolen (again) or burned.

If someone has a sled and think this is a good idea to move it, I'd be willing to help and provide it a home until we find the owner. The registration on it is current through 2018.

TheBear91@gmail.com

ps. Chena Lakes area
1996 Skidoo Touring E 380
1995 Skidoo Summit 583

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Skandic Wide Track

#2 Post by john »

Update on status.

Did you get the Registration Number ? Could track owner via DMV with it.

TheBearAk

Re: Skandic Wide Track

#3 Post by TheBearAk »

I've not been able to get anything out of the Troopers of what the outcome was.

I went out on the 3rd and it was still there, however, I was able to get a trailer that I could tow it on and went back out on the 4th and it looked like someone drove it away. (no sled marks, no sign of struggle to put in on a sled).

I got a call from the Troopers asking my information (home address), presumably just to close out their paperwork. When I asked about the Skandic, the Trooper did not answer me.

I've sent a couple emails to the officers that were investigating and gotten no response.

At this point, I just hope the owner came back with some gas and drove it home. Or at least hope the Troopers recovered it and are holding onto it until they can find the owner.

The Tag was in the pictures I sent to the Troopers and FB.
Stitched2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1996 Skidoo Touring E 380
1995 Skidoo Summit 583