Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Fairbanks Area Recreation Research- Participation requested

#1 Post by john »

For those interested.

My name is Bryant Wright- I am a grad student at UAF in the School of Natural Resources and Extension. I am writing to alert you about some research that should be of interest to any local outdoor enthusiasts, and could have a positive impact on the Fairbanks recreation community. I wanted to get the word out to the Snow Travelers and any other sledding enthusiasts. I thought to touch base with you and ask if there is a convenient way for the Snow Travelers to get information about the project and a link to our survey.
Please see the note below. A link to access and participate in the survey portion is at the bottom, and feel free to forward this message. Please let me know if you have any questions or advice about how/to whom I should send this information (e.g. Snow Travelers forum? Email list-serve? Snow Travelers meeting?)
Thanks!

Interior Alaska Community Recreation Study

In order to help provide the best opportunities for the recreation we desire, local land and recreation managers need to hear and understand our preferences. The University of Alaska Fairbanks, School of Natural Resources and Extension has partnered with the Bureau of Land Management, Eastern Interior Field Office to examine how Fairbanks area residents as a whole hope to benefit from recreation in Interior Alaska. This research differs from previous studies in the following ways:

We are interested in recreation on ALL land in and near the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB), not just one site.
You can describe what you WANT to do for recreation, not just what you usually do based on existing opportunities.
We have coordinated with many agencies (e.g., FNSB Parks and Recreation Department, Alaska DNR State Parks, US Army Fort Wainwright) to ensure we address a breadth of relevant issues and have a wide distribution of results.

We will administer a comprehensive online survey from May 1 -June 30, 2014 to gather information about local demand for recreation. Hopefully this community-based approach can facilitate more cooperative and effective planning in order to better provide the benefits we desire from our public places.

The survey is a fun way to describe your outdoor recreation trips, routines and goals. Its success relies on lots of honest information that accurately represents our community.

By taking the survey, you will be eligible to win a $30 gift certificate to your choice of Beaver Sports or Frontier Outfitters! A total of twenty gift certificates will be awarded.

Contact Peter Fix, pjfix@alaska.edu; or Bryant Wright, rbwright@alaska.edu; for questions or more information.

Access the survey here:

SNRE Science & News- Interior Recreation Survey

http://snras.blogspot.com/2014/05/uaf-s ... ksans.html

Thanks in advance for your participation!

(And special thanks to any and all of you who gave feedback while designing the survey!)

--
Bryant Wright

paulneva

Re: Fairbanks Area Recreation Research- Participation reques

#2 Post by paulneva »

It is a long but easy survey and a good chance to get a plug in for the local areas that we want to keep open for snowmachining. All of us should take the time to take their survey. The closing date is 30 June.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen