Chena Flood Control 1-25-2014

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

alaskasc

Chena Flood Control 1-25-2014

#1 Post by alaskasc »

Me, Shawn and Steve took a nice afternoon ride south of the flood control area on Saturday. We had a great time and the snow wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Once we got back in a ways we found some fields and sloughs that had some powder left in them. We left around 1-1:30 and got back to the house at around 5:30.

Shawn was up to his usual antics of carving some wood. He was literally stumped. Haha. It was a small bank. How he found that stump out in the middle of the woods is a mystery. It had him pinned in place. It went up into the gear area that runs the track. Thank God he stopped or it would have not been good for the machine. We had to lean his machine sideways while me and Steve lifted the back end up and off the stump.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Chena Flood Control 1-25-2014

#2 Post by john »

Was out in that area myself Sat., the snow was pretty well tracked from the highway bridge to the Chena but lots of fresh untracked snow from the bridge to the Tanana.

Do you all notice any mini avalanches ? I saw a couple along the hill side, short little hills about 30 feet tall and small avalanches along them.

alaskasc

Re: Chena Flood Control 1-25-2014

#3 Post by alaskasc »

We didn't get that close to the hill.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"