Windy & Valdez Creeks Tracks

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

cleary

Windy & Valdez Creeks Tracks

#1 Post by cleary »

Darrell, here's the 4 wheeling tracks I talked about earlier in Windy and Valdez Creeks.

Darrell

Re: Windy & Valdez Creeks Tracks

#2 Post by Darrell »

Wow you went up windy quite a ways, had no idea you could go that far up there. You say there is a mine in that valley now and wonder if you can get around it?
At your farthest point back is about where we were when we came in from pass creek. Looks like a loop could be made out of this one.

See the hill side just under the word creek in valdez creek? That hill to the north has lots of brush on it making it hard to climb but is a good way to get into the upper Mclaren's west fork area which maybe a good ride this year..
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

We were up Windy 15 miles. The mine is in the saddle between Windy and South Fork Creeks. We had hoped to do a loop on down the South Fork and up Pass Creek to Rosevelt Lake and out Valdez Creek. We hiked down toward the South Fork and there's no way we could see to get down it on our wheelers. The old road going up Windy Creek is fine for wheeling and we met a pickup coming out. It was the miner and he was headed out for parts. He had a crew up there and they're mining copper. This was July 2010. We have a lot of pictures of the area. Margaret and I have been up there 3 times. Stop by some time and I'll show them to you or I can email you some. I don't have your address. PM it to me.

Chuck

Darrell

#4 Post by Darrell »

Thanks Chuck when the weather breaks like to stop by and check out those pic. Who knows maybe if its warmer on the hills like they say I will be able to slip over to your place soon, I will give a heads up.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.