Where you at?

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

Darrell

Where you at?

#1 Post by Darrell »

Where you been riding? :4x4:

Losin day light counting the days... :sledwave:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Summit800

Re: Where you at?

#2 Post by Summit800 »

OK, Ill go,
2 weeks ago Madam Prez and I went from the end of Gilmore trail out towards Ft Knox Mine, burned some gas, ate some dust, got rained on... Good day all things considered.

Put the inboard in at Nordale landing on Fathers Day, ran up to the flood controll and back, just for a shake down run. River was high, the Corps was having the debris removed from the flood gates, so we fought a lot of river fodder. That too was a good day. :thumbup:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Rode the Fairbanks-Circle Trail from 12 mile Summit about 12 miles or so back towards FB. Great ride and beautiful country.

mit

#4 Post by mit »

My airplane is still broke..... :wall:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

Darrell

#5 Post by Darrell »

Good runs you guys and sorry to hear about the plane. At least most the fires seem to out..

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

Thinking about going to Nome Creek for the 4th, anyone up for a run or two in the area ?

ObiJuanAk

#7 Post by ObiJuanAk »

Took the two-wheeler out to the dike roads behind the airport, started at the future site of the Tanana Lakes rec. area. Still plenty of mud at the time, almost didn't make it out on my own power. Saw a familiar sight with a guy buried up to his rear axle on his dirt bike trying to high-mark on a gravel mound. :rolf:

No girls in bikinis as promised by my friend, even though it was sunny. :thumbdown:

cleary

#8 Post by cleary »

Last Saturday or Sunday Margaret and I rode down the Fairbanks Creek Road from up here on Cleary Summit. We took the Kokomo road up the the Circle Trail and the Trail out past Coffee Dome and over to the point that overlooks Fourth of July Hill. We returned via Flat Top to avoid rain in Fairbanks Creek but got caught in it anyway. It was a good ride and the road and trail is in good shape.

John, did you go to Nome Creek?

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by john »

Chuck,

Didn't make Nome Creek, wife's mom got sick and passed away couple weeks ago, so we've been regrouping.

I'm going down to Hurricane next week for 4 days for some riding and wall raising :<)

I'll do a vid of the ride in.

COS

#10 Post by COS »

Played around in Seward last week with our new toy.
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

Darrell

#11 Post by Darrell »

Nice boat..
One for Chuck What ever happen to the true north bypass trail from Chat to elliot hwy.?
Last weekend when to Midway lodge and into the wood cutting area across the road from there. One trail lead to harding lake and an another trail that was heading toward remond creek but got to brush in before we got that far.

cleary

#12 Post by cleary »

Darrell wrote:Nice boat..
One for Chuck What ever happen to the true north bypass trail from Chat to elliot hwy.?
We never really got one. They cleared a path into the head of the Little Eldorado Creek Road but it came out on private property and someone plowed a ditch across it. I think the mine is completing reclamation this summer so hopefully we'll get the original trail back.

Chuck

Alaskan Polar Bear

#13 Post by Alaskan Polar Bear »

went to Nilnilckik (deep creek) rode the beach to Anchor point and saw all the new lodges built right on the beach,,,, bet they wont survive,,spent two days playing and picking up sea shells.
drove to Maclearan lodge, and rode into tangles lake, couldnt cross the river way high and move'n fast.
went to 30 mile and rode into 7 mile lake , great ride and found a cabin in there that might make a great sno go ride. with ice fishing,.. some kids there were picking 20inchers out the lake and they look'd nice!
as a side note,, Suzzie and Allen have some new employees and they suck. IF they show up to take your order , they forget to come back.,so ask for everything first time around. on the positive, they also forget to bring the bill.
No track and engine? what's the point?
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 159
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 151
2003 Polaris 550 super sport 121
2002 Polaris 700 RMK 144
1998 Polaris XLT Special 600 121
1976 Polaris TXL 340 Liquid
1972 / 74 Skiroule 300 RTX
and a few more

cleary

#14 Post by cleary »

Thursday Margaret and I went to the Mt. Prindle Campground in Nome Creek and spent two nights. Friday we 4-wheeled out the Quartz Creek Trail and then hiked in the non-motorized area east of the trail to the head of Nome Creek.
There were sheep everywhere. We saw at least 50 of them and they were grazing around our wheelers when we returned.

Chuck

Darrell

#15 Post by Darrell »

Went out the Elliot hwy over the weekend picking mushrooms. Last week 4 wheeled both sides of Big Eldorado creek and across to Pedro dome. Tried to go down into Little Eldorado but brush to thick. Sure hope the trail get restored.
Yo Chuck see on the map there is trail road out of Dome creek over to Eldorado ever been on it?
Maybe the board should call True North to find out if they have any plans to restore the trails they took out and let them know where still here...?