Is Hilltop Accessible from Old Murphy Dome Rd.?

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

Christien&Shelbye

Is Hilltop Accessible from Old Murphy Dome Rd.?

#1 Post by Christien&Shelbye »

Was thinking it would be fun to take the fam for a ride up to Hilltop Restaurant and was curious if there's an easy way to get there via sleds from Old Murphy Dome Rd. It looks like the pipeline intersects with Vault Rd. and that puts you a few miles past Hilltop. I've ridden that section of the pipeline a ton but for the life of me can't picture where Vault Rd. is. Don't really want to be ditch banging on the side of the Elliot up the hill with family in tow either. We've done Chatanika several times and were just looking for a new destination with yummy food that we can get to from the house without having to trailer.

David

Re: Is Hilltop Accessible from Old Murphy Dome Rd.?

#2 Post by David »

Vault road is down about 6.5 mile marker which is 1.5 past Hill Top, don't know if there is a trail from Vault, haven't seen one but that doesn't mean anything.You can get off the pipe line onto Vault and come all the way to the Elliot.
Goof luck, I will be up that way tomorrow but not sure where i am going nor what time yet.
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

Christien&Shelbye

#3 Post by Christien&Shelbye »

Sounds good. I'll prob do a test run 2moro taking the O'Conner creek trail from Ivory Jacks up to Old Murphy Dome Rd. then East from there. Hopefully we get some fresh snow in the hills tonight.

cleary

#4 Post by cleary »

Hey Guys,

We have banged the ditches from Murphy Dome Road to Hill Top as well as taken the Vault Creek Road from the Pipeline to the Elliot and then up to Hill Top. Both were quite doable a couple of years ago when we did it. I don't know what its like now. All the red tracks on the map we have done on Snowmachines. However its been a long time since we did Murray Creek and that may or may not be doable.

Chuck

Christien&Shelbye

#5 Post by Christien&Shelbye »

Just wanted to say vault road was the ticket. We took Oconner Creek to Old Murphy Dome Rd. to the Pipeline to Vault Road (first right) to Elliot and then ditch banging up to the truckstop. Was a fun ride and great food. The powerline trail that parallels old murphy dome road is in great shape, fast, smooth. Good ride and nice views of the Chatanika river. Just wish it would warm up so we can get some more riding in. Cheers!