Out House Races

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

David

Out House Races

#1 Post by David »

Does anyone have any information on snow conditions from summit to chatinika for the out house races?
Don't want to take my sleds if there isn't enough snow.
Thanks
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

usafracer

Re: FNSB TAC Meeting

#2 Post by usafracer »

Summit is good to ride. I have not been to the whites lately.

cleary

Re: Out House Races

#3 Post by cleary »

The trails up here on Cleary Summit are fine. I groomed the trail from here to Chatanika a couple of weeks ago and it is fine as well. I don't know about the trails in the Chatanika Valley.

Chuck :e_smile:

DrMartiniX

#4 Post by DrMartiniX »

The ad I saw for the races said they were on the 14th and 15th. Did this change or was the ad incorrect, as I was quite unhappy that I had missed one of my favorite spring (lol) events. Also if they are this coming weekend (20th & 21st) is anyone planning on riding out there from goldstream or know a good way for me to find my way out there as I have never ridden out there?
Mr. President,
I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, MONEY AND FREEDOM... YOU KEEP THE CHANGE

Summit800

#5 Post by Summit800 »

From Goldstream there are a couple of options to get you to Chatanika. The easiest trail is: head up the big pipeline hill in Fox, run that pipeline trail till you get to the first road, that would be old murphey dome, Hang a right on that road, Follow it to the Elliot Hwy, cross the Hwy onto Silver Fox road, this is almost directly across the road. Follow that trail till it narrows up about a mile down, there is a trail that branches off to the left. Take it all the way to the next road, that would be Pedro Dome. Hang a right and continue untill you see the old Dome road on the left, its about 2 or 3 hundred yards on the left from the fork that you continue thru. Take that left to the Steese Hwy, Cross the hwy and go down the road and take the left just past the lodge, I think the road is called the circle trail,Youi cant miss it , it ts directly across from the parking area on the left. Thae that road till you find the Circle Trail Head about 3 or 4 miled down on the left (its the second left) Once you get on the Circle trail, follow the trail, should be well groomed and beat down, Right to the Lodge.
The Other way is a little harder to find, but is very easy from the Chatanika Lodge, Just go direcly across the road from the lodge and follow the trail to Olnes Pond, You will need to cross the Elliot Hwy, follow that trail, its actually the pipeline service road, to the pipeline to the hill in Fox. This is a really enjoyable loop, about 50 miles, we run it often on the weekends, If we arent nursing broken bones, that is.

Watch the trails as there will most likely be A LOT of sled traffic, Stay to the right and enjoy the ride!

David

#6 Post by David »

I have not todden from there but I know you can take the pipeline up and over the hills past the truckstop and down to chatinika river vally to to river, turn right on the road about 4 mi to olin pond 2 mile to highway and cross the highway and it is 6.2 miles to Chatinika you will past the old dredge and the trail is marked real good. I usually park at Olins Pond and ride from there and it is a lot of fun.and easy ride.
Hope this helps some.
Dave and Terri
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

cleary

#7 Post by cleary »

DrMartiniX wrote:The ad I saw for the races said they were on the 14th and 15th. Did this change or was the ad incorrect, as I was quite unhappy that I had missed one of my favorite spring (lol) events. Also if they are this coming weekend (20th & 21st) is anyone planning on riding out there from goldstream or know a good way for me to find my way out there as I have never ridden out there?
Head up Jones Road from Ivory Jacks and pick up the O'conner Creek Trail. You can also go up the Pipeline from the intersection of the Old Steese and Goldstream Road at Fox and follow the Pipeline to the Chatanika Valley as shown on the map.

Chuck

DrMartiniX

#8 Post by DrMartiniX »

Thanks a lot everyone. Think I'm going to have to avoid the pipeline trail because the wife is pretty in-expierienced and don't think she will want to get near the pipeline hill (even though its so much fun!) or the river.

On the issue of the dates, I am REALLY confused now...

This has it listed as last weekend - http://fairbanks-alaska.com/fairbanks-e ... #Chatanika

And this has it listed as the 27th and 28th - http://issuu.com/insidealaska/docs/wint ... -2009-2010

And from word of mouth I hear this weekend!

Does anyone know the real answer?
Mr. President,

cleary

#9 Post by cleary »

Its this coming Saturday and Sunday, the 20th and 21st.

Chuck

DrMartiniX

#10 Post by DrMartiniX »

Chuck,

Thanks a lot! Can't believe that two pretty reliable website were both not the same and both totally wrong!

Thanks,
Zach
Mr. President,