This is why we ride................................Doos

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

usafracer

Re: This is why we ride................................Doos

#2 Post by usafracer »

You have to ride them in powder. If you even think of hitting anything harder it will bend the nun.

Summit800

#3 Post by Summit800 »

You are correct, If you hit something hard, you will bend sonething. I have seen my first bent NUN this year at Summit Lake. Was a guy in ouy party, hit a rock, a really big rock. But i have seen a lot more damage to trailing arm suspensions, mostly due to so many out there. I guess the bottom line is, if you hit an unmovable object under the snow with the wrong part of your sled, you are most likely going to bend something. No matter what brand.

dirtyrice

#4 Post by dirtyrice »

Awesome video, I would love to ride that powder.

As far as the argument of durability goes, its all about compromises. Last year the XP chassis was the lightest on the snow by almost 40 lbs i think it was. But you have to ask yourself where is that weight loss coming from? Its coming from less metal in the machine. Honestly if you are careful and ride in good powder conditions the Summit 800XP is a beast, but unfortunately the nun is really weak.

I will say I have seen 3 or 4 XPs on craigslist being parted out over flying nuns. Yet to see any other brand being scrapped for similar reasons.

*beep* good sled, just dont nail a rock :)

Oh, and yes I know it will run circles around my Nytro :)

-Ken

Summit800

#5 Post by Summit800 »

Well said,

REVITUP

#6 Post by REVITUP »

I would have to agree with dirtyrice here, no matter what brand we or anyone rides, that is some beautiful powder! Where is ours????

usafracer

#7 Post by usafracer »

Martin Luther King Jr. Day there was some great powder at summit. I dont think they have had any snow to speak of since.

Bashley

#8 Post by Bashley »

You can ride like that with any sled if you've got enough ponies. This clip makes a tank look graceful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKn9kOtVgEg
'06 Yamaha Attak
'09 M8 HCR

irshpryd40

#9 Post by irshpryd40 »

REVITUP wrote:I would have to agree with dirtyrice here, no matter what brand we or anyone rides, that is some beautiful powder! Where is ours????

Our powder is down just south of Cantwell. You have to ride the Mine trail to the river and head towards the mine. The snow out there is Awesome. Takes about 30 to 45 min to get back there depending on your slowest person in the group.

BTW Sat there was a a broken down skidoo out there sat and he had to leave it for the night. So while the video is a good one I have seen to many doos broken down so I will stick to my Polaris machines. (just my opinion)