FST Ramp at Chatanika

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

FST Ramp at Chatanika

#1 Post by john »

I was informed that some one tried to park their truck on top of the loading ramp we have at Chatanika Lodge, well as you can guess they didn't get far or make it up the ramp :shot:

So I was planning on heading out there this Saturday (10/10/09) and replace the lower sheet of ply-wood (I was told that that was all that got busted).

Anyone else care to volunteer ??

John M said he'd be there.

I'll see about getting a sheet of treat of 3/4 or 5/8 for it tomorrow. I have some 5/8 at the house, but their not treated and I'm not sure we could treat them in this weather enough, so I'll hit Home Depo or Lowes for a sheet.

I plan to be at the lodge at 10:00 AM, have breakfast and them fix the ramp...

usafracer

Re: FST Ramp at Chatanika

#2 Post by usafracer »

Where is it at? I have to talk to the wife and see if we have any thing going on. If not I would be more than happy to give you a hand.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Great, its at Chatanika Lodge.

Just called and was informed that Ronnie (Owner) may be providing the wood :) If so, great and we'll just go and repair the ramp, if not I'l pick up the material tomorrow and we'll still go and make the repairs....

Say 10:00 AM

Bring the wife along and tell her she can get breakfast without cooking :tomato:

Summit800

#4 Post by Summit800 »

You buying breakfast John?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

I'll put the hat out for you. :sympathy:

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FST Ramp at Chatanika - Update

#6 Post by john »

I talked to Ronnie, we are providing the plywood, its only one sheet and I'll get it today. So I'm thinking Summit800 owes me breakfast for providing the material :rolf: ..

I'll have plywood, screws and drill motor to fix the ramp. Ronnie said it is only the plywood sheeting that broke, the frame work is OK.

See ya all there.

ObiJuanAk

#7 Post by ObiJuanAk »

I don't think you need that many people there for just a sheet of plywood, but if Summit800 is buying breakfast, I'll be there! :joke:

Seriously, do we still have the stencils? Maybe retouching the lettering wouldn't hurt. See you there. :clown:

usafracer: follow the Steese Highway north to Fox. Right before the truck scales make a right and follow the road up and over Cleary Summit. Chatanika Lodge will be on your right, right by the highway (and level to the highway). If you get to Poker Flats Research Rocket Range turn around, you've gone about a mile too far.

usafracer

#8 Post by usafracer »

Thanks for the directions. Doesn't look I will be able to make it. I am on call :(

Summit800

#9 Post by Summit800 »

I would buy breakfast, but I just looked in the boat gas tank, Ill be darned if there aint some fuel left. I had better go burn it up before it goes bad. So its up river I go.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Post by john »

usafracer, sorry your on call. We'll try and not have to much fun :)

Summit, so you have a tab at Chatanika we can use, since your going out to play on the water we should be able to add to the expense, hey it is a bottomless pit, Ooops, I mean boat. :tounge:

usafracer

#11 Post by usafracer »

Sorry I couldn't make it. I just got home from work. What are the odds for the last two months nobody has been called in while they are on call and I get called in to work 14 hours. Oh well next time.

On a side note I read in the other thread you were looking for some wood. I have a bunch of treated wood from when I rebuilt my front porch I am willing to to donate. I will have to take a look and let you all know what is back there.

irshpryd40

#12 Post by irshpryd40 »

I am the one with the treated 4x4x8 post. Email me and I will give you my number and set up a time so I can hand them off to you for the club use. I have no use for them and would rather see them put to good use for a sport that I love. email me at irishpride40@att.blackberry.net
thanks,
Chris

john
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Post by john »

Done and thanks for the help and materials, now if we can only get it together before it snows to much to build one this year, of course I'd rather have the snow, the ramp can wait a season :)