Too quiet

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Too quiet

#1 Post by john »

Its wasy to quiet around here these days.

So did anyone go riding this weekend ?

We spent the weekend at Nome Creek and rode the 4 wheelers around a few trails, lots of folks camping and riding up Nome Creek.

I headed into Beaver Creek, but it was a bit deep to get the 4 wheeler across, at least I wasn't willing to try by myself :<)

cleary

Re: Too quiet

#2 Post by cleary »

Hey John,

Which trail did you try to ride to Beaver Creek on? Did you ride out the Quartz Creek Trail? I'm wondering if the snow is gone on the new section of the Quartz Creek Trail on the headwaters of Little Champion Creek.

A few days ago we rode the Circle-Fairbanks Trail to the mile 14 Butte. The Trail is in good shape. Yesterday Margaret and I rode the Cleary-Chatanika Trail to Champagne Rock. It's in good shape as well. Don't know about the Chatanika end.

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Rode Quartz creek, still some snow on the trail, but we got around it.

I don't know the trail name, I should since I've ridden it many times in the winter as summers past :oops:

Its the trail that starts by the dirt road junction on the way into Oprih Campground, left goes to boat launch, trail is to your right.

Muddy as all get out, some guy tried to ride a 2 wheel drive ATV on they didn't get very far :big_grin:

cleary

#4 Post by cleary »

That's the Bear Creek Trail, goes into Richard's Cabin. We've tried it a couple of times but gave up because it was so muddy. Tried right after freeze up one year and it was rougher than riding through a boulder patch.

How far did you go out the Quartz Creek Trail?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

Ditto on giving up do to the mud, was way muddier than I wanted to tackle for a short ride, maybe if I was going in to set up a moose camp. :)

We went up Quartz Creek a few miles, not as far as I wanted to, just to the top of the ridges and then turned backed, got a late start and had the grandkids with us, who decided they couldn't decide between going back to camp to eat or riding farther in :P What can I say, those are hard decisions for a 3 year old. I think he just want to ride over the water bars again, those were the best roller coaster rides he's ever had.