Long Live Snowmobiling!

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Long Live Snowmobiling!

#1 Post by john »

For those of you who don't get Max Bit eNewsletter, I thought this was a good article....
A friend of mine turned me onto a new radio station out of St. Louis Park, Minnesota (KTLKFM.COM 100.3 - www.ktlkfm.com) with more conservative views. It is a talk radio station and one host, Jason Lewis, talked one hour with Dr. Roy Spencer from the University of Alabama Huntsville about his new book “Climate Confusion” that talks about some of the findings about Global Warming. Actually, if you’ll notice, this past winter was unseasonably cool in the Midwest (more snow would have been nice) so now the media buzzword is “Climate Change”. It reminded me from all of the shows I’ve watched on Discovery or National Geographic or PBS growing up; that the Earth goes through cycles. The sport of snowmobiling has gone through one of these cycles (warming cycles, not snow cycles) and it makes me think that if you actually stop and do a little research, you’ll notice that even if the winters warm up a little over the next few decades, snowmobiling will be alive and well. I’ve noticed that when it is warmer out, it snows more, and I’d rather have the snow than the cold. Instead of it being -10F when you go for a ride, it might be -9F over the next 10 years. Not only that, but recently hundreds of scientists and meteorologists, including Minnesota WCCO's own Mike Fairbourne, signed a petition against the global warming farce. I'm all for helping the Earth and saving the environment, but let's do it with new innovations and lots of research instead of scare tactics and chicken little politics. While Googling (who would have thought that to be a verb?), I found another good source on global warming, www.globalwarmingisafarce.com. It refers to many resources on the subject. What this means to me overall is 'Long live snowmobiling'!

What might put a damper on sledding, however, is the cost of gas. While fuel economy does help, it’s not like you are driving your sled to work every day. Some of you might be, but most of us aren’t. You can still have a fun-filled riding day even at $4/gal., but it's not the actual day or weekend ride that will be an issue, it will be the entire trip; fuel to get to your destination or find snow, rising cost of food and hotel rates and just about everything else related to fuel costs - which is just about everything. I have more on that in this issue of Max Bits. Despite global warming scares and fuel prices, snowmobiling is a great time and a great way to unwind and rejuvenate and get away from the daily grind. Enjoy
And an interesting read this is http://www.globalwarmingisafarce.com/