Up Beat

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

Darrell

Up Beat

#1 Post by Darrell »

Heard that the 4 wheel truck club from Fairbanks 4 wheeled into the Bus off the stampede trail and last one out pulled a groomer. Anyone seen else seen or heard this?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

Since you asked :)

As you all know, we've had conflicts in the past, but I want to give the Arctic Off Roader club a BIG kudos and thanks for their work and consideration on this.

Dean was planning to write up a thank you for the news letter. Here's the story and pics from Olie.
Here are the pictures you requested.I don't have many pictures of it in action since it was at the back of the line on the trail. The first two pictures are of setting it up at the bus on stampede before heading out.

The second picture is on the test run off Repp Rd. in North Pole. The third picture is of a section of trail that was a three foot deep hard pack drift that was approxamately 70 feet long. We had to chew our way through it and it set up hard overnight. The result was the groomer smoothed it out but left trenches along the edges from our tire ruts. The last picture of the trail is typical of the job it does. The groomer is still a work in progress and we are making adjustments to improve it's function. We will be adding some runners in the middle section to aid in tracking on off camber sections of the trail. There are some on the edges now but they run in the tire tracks so they don't bite as well as we like. We also may reduce the amount of the P-Tex on the front. On our test run we discovered the P-tex was neccesarry to ease the pulling effort but I think we added a little too much and it doesn't "cut" quite enough on the harder sections. We will be taking it out on another run next weekend to test the new modifications.
Thanks for the interest, Ole

[albumimg]1070[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1071[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1072[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1073[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1074[/albumimg]