Cleary Summit

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

David

#1 Post by David »

Hi Chuck
Can you tell me how the trails are from Cleary Summit down to Chatinika?
We are coming to the outhouse races Saturday and would like to ride from the summit and not fight the traffic.
Any help thanks
David
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

cleary

#2 Post by cleary »

David wrote:Hi Chuck
Can you tell me how the trails are from Cleary Summit down to Chatanika?
We are coming to the outhouse races Saturday and would like to ride from the summit and not fight the traffic.
Any help thanks
David
We rode out to Champaign Rock, halfway to Chatanika, Sunday afternoon and the trail was a little rough, but not bad. We might groom it this week if it cools off enough so it will set up.

Chuck

Alaskan Polar Bear

chat trail

#3 Post by Alaskan Polar Bear »

On the 2nd of March I ran the trail from chena hotsprings to chatanika . I hit dirt in areas past fish creek in the hills mostly in the corners going up hill where there was no shade... maybe 10 spots for a total of 1/2 mile of dirt out of 43 miles . It was a tad rough in general.
if I were to run the trail again it would be with a crusier . something that will suck up the bumps and washboards. watch the sharp corner right before gold camp going down hill mostly dirt and ice.
with the sun and melt I would expect that its going to be icy and a bit more dirt.
my 2 cents worth
Tony
No track and engine? what's the point?
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 159
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 151
2003 Polaris 550 super sport 121
2002 Polaris 700 RMK 144
1998 Polaris XLT Special 600 121
1976 Polaris TXL 340 Liquid
1972 / 74 Skiroule 300 RTX
and a few more

David

#4 Post by David »

I want to thank eveyone for the input that is why its nice to belong to the club. Thanks all.
Dave and Terri
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

cleary

Cleary-Chatanika Trail

#5 Post by cleary »

Betsy, (Yellow Dog) and I groomed the trail from Cleary Summit to Chatanika this morning. Should be great for Chataniaka Days this weekend.

[albumimg]1024[/albumimg]
Click on photo for larger image.

This Baja Blitz 97cc Motorsport Bike,(Chatanika Harley), will be raffled off at the Chatanika Days Outhouse Races this weekend. The money will go to the Chatanika Community Council and be used for trail grooming. Tickets are a buck apiece or 6 for 5 bucks. You don't have to be present to win.

There is a grooming donation can behind the bar at the Lodge all the time. With diesel well over 3 bucks and groomers that get about a mile per gallon we need all the donations we can get.

Chuck