Sled ramp list

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

DoubleT

Sled ramp list

#1 Post by DoubleT »

I've seen sled ramps scattered around available for use by general public, but don't remember where all I've seen them. This seems like a good place to create and make available a list of locations with any additional notes. IE:

North Pole / CHSR areas:
Nordale Road:
1/4 mile North of Chena River [suitable for unloading from your flatbed semi trailer. Can access side of ramp to unload from pickup]
10 mi CHSR:@ 10 Mile Mercantile

And so on. I may need to apologize for the semi comment on the Nordale ramp, it could be a sore subject with someone. But the way people keep hauling more sleds on bigger trailers.... Could come in handy :)

Bruce
If everything was as short as my memory, I'd never had to pay child support.

Darrell

#2 Post by Darrell »

Chatanika Lodge has one of the Club built ramps along with Angel creek lodge. State has a ramp at West end of Stiles Creek trail this also is trail head for Colorado Ck cabin. Ramps at White mountians entry on Elliott Hwy, ramp at McKay Ck trail head 42 mile steese and at 58 mile Elliott.

DoubleT

#3 Post by DoubleT »

That's a start, but I was thinking more of a printable page of complete info. It may be common knowledge to most, but I haven't been around sleds much since the Mark 23 Skidaddler was still new, and we get alot of military not familiar with the area too.

Isn't there ramps near Clear, Healy, and Cantwell?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

It might be good to get a full list and then map them for folks to see.

We (FST) aso have one at 10 Mile Merchantile aka Skips Cache, that we put in 2 or 3 years ago.

Darrell

#5 Post by Darrell »

Add a ramp on Two Rivers Road, that on the way into Two Rivers school. Good access to little chena valley and wood cutting area riding from there. Also snow is push up on the edge of the parking lot of Valley center, loading and unloading was a breeze on Monday11/22/04.

DoubleT

#6 Post by DoubleT »

Oh yeah. Forgot about 2 rivers school road. I was just out there a few weeks ago. Miles of fire breaks cleared beyond wood cutting area. Watch for sweepers and holes in a few places I saw.