Maclaren River Lodge

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

Maclaren River Lodge

Maclaren River Lodge

#1 Post by Maclaren River Lodge »

Merry Christmas everyone,
We hope you all have a wonderful day with your family and friends.

I don't want to bore you with a long letter on Christmas Day, but I know some of you are planning on being in this neck of the woods tomorrow and might want to know what's going on.

We have had a lot of wind over the last few days, but it is calming down today. The temps have been really warm for this time of the year, we had -5 all day yesterday and this morning its about the same.
I will be going out to Paxson tonight with the groomer so the road will be in great shape for the weekend. If there is a shortage of snow on the road between 11 mile and 15 mile I will be grooming in the ditch on the North side of the road.
I have groomed the Glacier trail all the way to the flats. I was able to build some good ice bridges over the creeks, so that will be a great ride also.

Some of you have had a few difficulties with parking at Paxson. We are fully aware of your concerns , and are trying to come up with an alternative parking place.
The state is plowing the One Mile pull off, which is just south of the Paxson Lodge on the left side of the road.
When you go past the Lodge and the runway, you cross One mile creek, right on the south side of One mile creek is a plowed road that goes up the hill to a big parking area. I think that this will work out very well as all you have to do, is come down the hill, cross the highway, and then run up the old runway to the Denali Hwy. It will only add one mile to your trip.
For those of you who are familiar with Summit Lake, you can also park at the old Lodge and come across the Lake and hit the Denali at four mile.
I will have that trail staked sometime after the New Year.
If we don't get to see you during the Holiday season, Susie and I hope that its all you ever dreamed it could be and more
Until next time.

Alan and Susie Echols
Maclaren River Lodge
(907) 322-3670
maclarenlodge@starband.net