Fairbanks Tired Iron 2016...FYI

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

Nick S

Fairbanks Tired Iron 2016...FYI

#1 Post by Nick S »

I discussed this with a few of you at the GMM Wednesday. Looks like they will be moving the date(s) and locations of the event this year due to poor ice conditions on the Chena. From fairbankstirediron.org:

"Due to irregular and unsafe ice conditions, the 2016 Tired Iron events will not be held on the Chena River this year. Instead, we will be hosting our events over two separate weekends in March, at two (2) separate locations.

In the morning of Saturday, March 5th, at the intersection of Helmericks Ave. and Herb Miller Blvd. (right next to Fred Meyer-East on the Old Steese Hwy) we will be hosting the Jurassic Classic, the mini Arctic Man race and the Dog Sled rides.

Later, that afternoon, in the NE Corner of the Walmart Parking lot (just a couple of blocks away), we will be hosting the kid's favorites... the "Spring Ping Fling" ping pong ball drop, and the Moose Turd Bowling.

Both locations are excellent in-town locations, with high exposure and both have ample parking.

Then, on the following Sunday, March 13th, thanks to the U.S Army Corps of Engineers, we will be racing the Classic, Wet Iron, and Fun Run races out at the Chena Flood Project Spillway, located just off Laurence Road. The track is an eight (8) mile track (2 miles longer than previous years), and we will be making three (3) laps, for a total of 24 miles of full throttle fun!

Website updates are now in progress, and the online race registration website is scheduled to be available by February 1st."

Won't be racing this year since I'll be out of town for a wedding...really sucks because its about a 10 minute ride from my house :wall: .
2015 Bearcat 2000XT
1989 Arctic Cat Cougar 500
1979 Yamaha Enticer 300

mit

Re: Fairbanks Tired Iron 2016...FYI

#2 Post by mit »

Thanks for the INFO Nick!
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!