Valdez Creek

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

Stephen E. Enochs
Board Member
Board Member

Valdez Creek

#1 Post by Stephen E. Enochs »

Trying to find out who is interested in Valdez creek 4th of july weekend. I am planning to head down on Thursday jul2 and stay thru the 5th.

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Valdez Creek

#2 Post by john »

Depending on wife's work schedule, we're heading down Thursday evening or Friday AM.

We'll be in the RV at Alpine Creek Lodge, but should be up to get together Sat. Will have to leave early AM Sun do to work.

SAM_I_AM

#3 Post by SAM_I_AM »

We sre planning to go to Paxson Lake as Steve is doing chemo and not up for 4 wheeling. Will take boat for fishing. Anyone is welcome. By the way Whites were closed as of last Friday bring used as stagging area for firefighter.
Dawn & Shawn
Murphy Family, Shawn & Dawn

Stephen E. Enochs
Board Member
Board Member

#4 Post by Stephen E. Enochs »

Due to a lack of interest Im canceling this ride for me....mite go to paxon or just stay local and brave the crowds at Birch lake...yuk

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

If you make it to Paxson come on down to Alpine.

shaymf

#6 Post by shaymf »

Went there but police had the road blocked Word is that 2 dead people were found at a camp site. First I heard was order suicide but later (Sun AM) heard that troopers sent a search team up the road. Decided to break camp and leave Sunday afternoon. One the way back to Fbks we saw 12 fast moving police vehicles going out and/or toward Denali HWY.

alaskasc

#7 Post by alaskasc »

I was there. Arrived at camp at 12 pm Friday. Spent the night by myself at our camp spot. Saturday was going out for a ride across the river and that's when the troopers stopped me to ask me some questions. Said something had gone on at a pop up camper. Went on my ride at around 8:30 am and came back at around 1:45 pm and they had the road taped off and wouldn't let me back up to the camp. I sat there until 7:30 pm before they would let me go back up. I decided to pack up and head home seeing no one else was showing up. As of Saturday night they hadn't found the body of the man and wowom. All I got out of them was that there was a lot of blood at his camper. His truck and wheeler was at the old post office.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

mit

#8 Post by mit »

Sounds like it was no fun!
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

john
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by john »

Guess we got lucky. Wasn't aware of the issue, (we were at the lodge (Alpine Ck) until we left Sun afternoon) and saw all the troopers heading down the Denali.

On another note, had a blast at Alpine Creek Lodge. Lots of fish in the lake a few miles south of the hwy. Catching 14 and 16.5" grayling all day long :)