Arctic Survival Training - North Star Fire Dept

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

jboddy

Arctic Survival Training - North Star Fire Dept

#1 Post by jboddy »

First off, on behalf of the North Star Volunteer Fire Department, I would like to wish everyone a happy new year and I hope everyone has had a safe riding season so far.

I am looking for some assistance for an upcoming department training session that North Star VFD will be conducting. On Tuesday, January 15th from 7pm-10pm, the department will be doing a snowmachine operations drill with some arctic survival component added. We will be going out in the field and letting most of our members get some time on the machines.

What I am looking for some help on is basic survival tips and tricks if members are stuff in the field overnight or in inclement weather. Making hasty shelters, building a fire, or even simple troubleshooting for a broke down sled.

If anyone here is experienced with this and is interested in helping out, please contact me ASAP at 322-2232 or justinmboddy@gmail.com

Please spread the word to other members in the group.

Thanks,
Justin Boddy, Battalion Chief
North Star Volunteer Fire Department