Trek over the Top

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

DawsonCity

Trek over the Top

#1 Post by DawsonCity »

Just wanted to let all you sledheads out there know that the Trek to Dawson this year is going to be great, with new entertainment and lots of snow! Check out the page www.dawsoncity.ca for more info. If there was ever a year to go, it is 2010!

cleary

Re: Trek over the Top

#2 Post by cleary »

DawsonCity wrote:Just wanted to let all you sledheads out there know that the Trek to Dawson this year is going to be great, with new entertainment and lots of snow! Check out the page http://www.dawsoncity.ca for more info. If there was ever a year to go, it is 2010!
Here's a link to the application, registration closes Jan. 15: http://www.formspring.com/forms/?726098-KzoymWYwvr

Chuck

cpw2626

#3 Post by cpw2626 »

I heard about this from a friend and it sounds like alot of fun. What is the level of difficulty of the riding?

DrMartiniX

#4 Post by DrMartiniX »

I wish I could afford this trip this year, but already booked a 10 day float hunt for Sep.
Mr. President,
I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, MONEY AND FREEDOM... YOU KEEP THE CHANGE

paulneva

#5 Post by paulneva »

cpw2626 wrote:I heard about this from a friend and it sounds like alot of fun. What is the level of difficulty of the riding?
That depends on the weather. It is a road ride but you can get into severe cold, severe cross winds, huge drifts and big side-hills on hard packed snow. It is a lot of fun but can be dangerous. If you are not a real hot-shot, I recommend that you travel as part of a group of four to six riders.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

DawsonCity

#6 Post by DawsonCity »

The trail is groomed from the boarder over to Dawson and from Tok to the boarder is highway with some grooming. I'd say the trail is intermediate, with lots of side boondocking opps. Your reg includes a gas fill up at Chicken. We have brand new entertainment this year and Dawson is stoked to see our buddies from Alaska again. Hope to see you there.