New Years Eve Bonfire

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

REVITUP

New Years Eve Bonfire

#1 Post by REVITUP »

At the meeting last wednesday, I asked who was interested in having a New Years Eve bonfire at Chena Lakes. I only saw 4 hands go up. In order to have a bonfire this year the club would have to purchase the wood along with the food. So unless there are more people interested and let us know very soon , there will be no bonfire this year.

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Years Eve Bonfire

#2 Post by john »

There was a member at the general membership meeting, I didn't get his name, who talked to Paul and said he had a bunch of old firewood we could have for the bonfire. Just have to haul it from his place to the bonfire. Sounded like maybe a cord or two ?, would be enough and save the club some $.

We (Trish, G-kids and I) will be there if its a sure go and you have an answer before Wed night. Other wise we may stay in Petersville for the 1st.

mwilson8681

#3 Post by mwilson8681 »

My wife and I are in for the Bon Fire, and we'll bring another member and his wife & kid... what time should we be there? What should we bring?

REVITUP

#4 Post by REVITUP »

If the member who said they had wood would send me a PM, I can get a better idea of how much wood, food etc. we will need. Then I can go from there. The sooner the better! Plan was for it to be a potluck with the club supplying hot dogs, burgers and beverages.

mwilson8681

#5 Post by mwilson8681 »

Any word on if the Bon Fire is going to happen?
Mike

REVITUP

#6 Post by REVITUP »

Due to the flu bug keeping me down, I have put a shout out to the board to see if anyone else wanted to handle the bonfire. I have not heard back from any of them yet. So unless one of them decides to take it on, there will be no bonfire. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year.

REVITUP

#7 Post by REVITUP »

Sorry to say, the flu has won the battle. The bonfire is cancelled.

COS

#8 Post by COS »

I hope you feel better soon. What a way to bring in the new year:(
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

REVITUP

#9 Post by REVITUP »

Thank you Cos, I am starting to feel almost human again! We had my daughters family stay with us the night before they left for the lower 48, my 2 yr old grandson shared it with me, poor little guy (he's the one in the picture). Nothing like a roadtrip with a sick baby! The upside for me was that the fever took off the couple of "holiday pounds" I gained.