Cleary-Chatanika Trail

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

cleary

Cleary-Chatanika Trail

#1 Post by cleary »

Betsy, (Yellow Dog) and I groomed the trail from Cleary Summit to Chatanika this morning. Should be great for Chataniaka Days this weekend.

[albumimg]1024[/albumimg]
Click on photo for larger image.

This Baja Blitz 97cc Motorsport Bike,(Chatanika Harley), will be raffled off at the Chatanika Days Outhouse Races this weekend. The money will go to the Chatanika Community Council and be used for trail grooming. Tickets are a buck apiece or 6 for 5 bucks. You don't have to be present to win.

There is a grooming donation can behind the bar at the Lodge all the time. With diesel well over 3 bucks and groomers that get about a mile per gallon we need all the donations we can get.

Chuck

rocketdoc637

#2 Post by rocketdoc637 »

Chuck,
How far a ride is it from Cleary to Chatnika and approximately how long does it take to get there?

Charlie

cleary

Cleary Summit-Chatanika Trail

#3 Post by cleary »

Cleary Summit-Chatanika Trail. It's about a 10 mile ride, maybe 30 minutes, with parking at the intersection of the Fairbanks Creek and Fish Creek Roads. Turn right off the Steese at 20.5 mile onto the Fairbanks Creek Road and proceed 3/4 miles to the Trail head parking. Ride the Fairbanks Creek Road about 2 miles to the Circle-Fairbanks Trail. Take the Circle Trail about 2 miles, turn left and follow the trail to Chatanika.

Chuck

[albumimg]1025[/albumimg]
Click on picture for larger image.

JDPLWITT

#4 Post by JDPLWITT »

Long time no see Doc. Headed to the field next week so I think I will forgo the long run this weekend and spend some time with the family.

Since our trail-groomer was so nice to groom the trail, I think I am going to take up the boy and ride him over to the lodge to see a little culture in the form of a racing outhouse since that trail is pretty easy.

Jeff
Jeffrey

"From the North will come a hunter who will strike fear into the hearts of its prey"

David

#5 Post by David »

The wife and I will be there, thanks for grooming the trail.
What time does the out house race start?
If i remember right it was about 2.00pm last year,I need to eat one of those big burges before the race.
How is the trail from the elliot does anyone know?
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

rocketdoc637

#6 Post by rocketdoc637 »

Jeff,
I had sent you a PM. Are you planning on parking up at Cleary Summit and if so what time are you headed out from there? Thinking about taking the wife and daughter.

JDPLWITT

#7 Post by JDPLWITT »

You should have a PM with the details. 6 Year old's attention span is not that long so I can't stay all day and I don't ride too fast with him (like my 370 could go fast). Will advise tomorrow once I have a plan.

Jeff
Jeffrey

"From the North will come a hunter who will strike fear into the hearts of its prey"