Arctic Man

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

Going to Arctic Man ?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:50 pm

Oh Yeah
25%
No Way
75%

Total votes: 4

john
Administrator
Administrator

Arctic Man

#1 Post by john »

OK, who's going this year ?

We'll be staying home, or if we head that way it'll be down the Denali Hwy to McLaren or Backwoods Lodge.

Just to many people......
Last edited by john on Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

polarisgirl

Arctic Man

#2 Post by polarisgirl »

My fiance Ryan and I will be there for sure!
WE are actually getting married on top of the tit in April 17th. The following Saturday after arctic man!

#3 Post by Guest »

Sounds like a great way to start a marriage :<)... You should do a trip to McLaren for a honeymoon :)

By the way, how was the trip to Dawson ?

polarisgirl

Summit Lake & Dawson City

#4 Post by polarisgirl »

:D
We can't wait to get married at Summit! It will be blast!
That would be a neat idea to go to Maclaren for a honeymoon. Unfortunitly we are just taking the weekend off. Hopefully we will go somewhere next winter like Mexico!!
The trip to Dawson was definitly an adventure! I am not sure if we will go again! It's alot of fun but the temperature on the way back was really bad for us. I ended up flying out of Dawson because we were getting frostbite. It was an adventure. We might go again, but we would be prepared for the temperature. YOu never know what it will be like out there. It's an adventure!

#5 Post by Guest »

Welcome to Alaska :)

I've never made the trip, yet, but everyone says its a great ride and good times.

Maybe next year.

Now Hawaii sounds like the place to go for a honeymoon.

Maybe you could do some water skipping in your beach clothes. Would sure beat doing it in winter gear :lol:

polarisgirl

Mexico or Hawaii? Tok to Dawson

#6 Post by polarisgirl »

I would recomend the Tok to Dawson. They are the most awesome people over there. They are so nice. Also the ride is nice, as long as you are prepared for bad weather just in case. Gauntlets are a must!!! We might go again someday! We will have to see what happens.
Now Hawaii or Mexico! I have never been to either one so I am up for suggestions. I figured it would be cheaper to go to Mexico. Have you ever been to either one of them?

So I would definitly recomend the Tok to Dawson. It's a party weekend for sure! So if you like to party it's the place to go.

ALLISON :lol:

#7 Post by Guest »

I've been to both. Mexico would be my choice. I love Acapulco, its a great city, as far as cities goes. The beach's are excellent, the weather is warm and the fishing is great.

We didn't see you two at last nights club meeting....

John

polarisgirl

Meeting

#8 Post by polarisgirl »

Ryan and I havent paid for the membership yet! I would love to be able to. We would like to be members and go on the rides with you guys. Could you let me know how and I would be more than happy to sign us up!
I have heard that Mexico is better than hawaii! I think that's where we will go!
THANKS for the tips!
Is acapulco a popular city like Cabo san lucas?
THANkS
ALLISON

#9 Post by Guest »

Acapulco is similar to Cabo, not as well known, so not as expensive. At least it wasn't last time I wnet.

Not a member, no problem, just join us on one of our ride or come to membership meeting, you could join then.

Either way you're both welcome to come along on a club ride.

polarisgirl

#10 Post by polarisgirl »

I think that maybe we will try to go to acapulco! That sounds awesome to me.
Ryan and I will have to start going on rides with you guys next year. We have alot going on right now since we are planning the wedding.
Well thanks for the advice on acapulco. We look forward to becoming Snow travelers, probably next winter!
THANKS!!!
ALLISON :lol: