SNOW GROOMING CONTRACT RFQ

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

SNOW GROOMING CONTRACT RFQ

#1 Post by john »

For Northern Region Trails

The Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation, Northern Area Office is soliciting competitive quotes for trail grooming services in the Chena River State Recreation Area located near Fairbanks, Alaska.

Stiles Creek, Colorado Creek, Angel Creek, South Fork, Compeau, and the Chena Hot Springs Winter Trails, all located in the Chena River State Recreation Area, and totaling 79 miles, will be groomed by the successful contractor once every 10 days during the contract period.

Funding comes from the Snowmobile Trail Grant Program administered by a statewide advisory committee known as the Snowmobile Trail Advisory Committee (SnowTRAC). For additional information and maps of groomed trails visit the Snow TRAC Grooming Pool web site.

For more information or to request a copy of the request for quotation (RFQ), e-mail Marlys Hagen, DNR Procurement Officer or call 907-269-8666. In addition, you can fax your request to 907-269-8909.

Completed RFQ must be received by 1:00 PM, Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at the Anchorage Procurement Office, 550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1230, Anchorage, AK 99501. They can also be faxed.

Because of concerns of local property owners, the Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation decided against grooming a new 47 mile trail off the end of Murphy Dome Road. Funding for that project will be used to expand grooming opportunities in the vicinity of the Chena River State Recreation Area.

Anyone interested in nominating a trail that has public easement for next winters grooming pool can e-mail Brooks Ludwig or call him at 907-451-269.

YamahaMountain

#2 Post by YamahaMountain »

I will have to look into this next year when my wife can ride. She is more of a trail rider then a mountain rider.
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450