Snow Machine Use In Dalton Hwy Corridor

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

mwilson8681

Re: Snow Machine Use In Dalton Hwy Corridor

#16 Post by mwilson8681 »

Cleary, Great pictures of what looks like a great adventure. You've inspired me to go... maybe next year :)

mit

Re: Snow Machine Use In Dalton Hwy Corridor

#17 Post by mit »

irshpryd40 wrote:
mit wrote:I would have to suggest, that we put a 5 mile corridor on all State highways in the state. :oops: If it is good for the Dalton it should be good for all the rest :devil:
I would have to say that is the worst idea I have heard.

Hunting is not the issue. As for the opening for access to Snowmobiles. I do believe that regardless if it is State or Federal land it should be open for Snowmobiles. The foot print a snowmobile leaves would not hurt the land as is not the case for ATV's. We are a snowmobile club. Therefor we should support all things snowmobile. I am not a real political person, but I do believe that every year goes by and we as snowmobilers loose more and more places to ride. Take for example the Yellowstone park. You can ride your loud ass Harley through there, but now they have started to restrict the Snowmobiles through there. Saying it is desturbing wild life. I disagree. We as snowmobilers need to start supporting everything we can to keep the sport we love open so our kids and there kids can enjoy it as well.

I was at the Membership meeting on the 17th and do believe FST voted to support this. I urge everyone to write the state congress rep with a letter of support for this to be passed.

As for the traffic on the Haul Road. Yes it will increase. Do I think it will be a problem? No. Most of the traffic will be on weekends and Holidays and I also believe that people are smart enough to respect the fact that those truckers are there making a living. We all pay taxes so that road is ours just as much as it is theirs.

My Post was Sarcastic! I already emailed all of the interior delegation in support of HB267 opening it and did you see todays letter to the editor?
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!