SnoTRAC Advisory Council

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

SnoTRAC Advisory Council

#1 Post by john »

Anyone interested in this ? Let us know of your interest and need for any support.
SNOWMOBILE TRAIL ADVISORY COUNCIL (SnowTRAC) is RECRUITING NEW MEMBER for the FAIRBANKS REGION. Duties of board members include assisting the Division by providing a broad spectrum of citizen input on evaluating grant proposals and making funding recommendations for the Snowmobile Trails Program. Additionally, board members may advise the Division on establishing a statewide snowmobile safety and trail grooming program, on designating a statewide snowmobile trail system, on pursuing funding sources to enhance snowmobiling, and on improving public awareness of SnowTRAC and its goals. DPOR is seeking commitment from individuals with special knowledge, experience, and interest in snowmobile recreation and grant-funded programs. Once appointed, each position shall last for a term of three years. If you would like to be considered for appointment on SnowTRAC, please submit a letter of interest that describes your professional background and recreational snowmobile interests. A current resume is required and replaces the need for completing an application. All resumes and letters of interest should be submitted to Andre Kaeppele at andre.kaeppele@alaska.gov or Fax to 907-269-8907. For more information, call Andre at 907-269-8699.

hvhavel

Re: SnoTRAC Advisory Council

#2 Post by hvhavel »

I think I might apply - do we know the deadline?

If I get the stuff requested together I'll send it her way on Monday - worse (best?) case they tell me no.

=)

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SnoTRAC Advisory Council

#3 Post by john »

Hey Heather,

Call or email andre.kaeppele@alaska.gov or Fax to 907-269-8907. For more information, call Andre at 907-269-8699 and see what they need.

Might help if you got a letter of support from the club.