FNSB Trail Etiquette Signs

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

FNSB Trail Etiquette Signs

#1 Post by john »

The FNSB Trails Advisory Committee (TAC) is working on the creation and placement of a Trail Etiquette signage plan and I believe that other members here may have some thoughts that might help. Notice I didn't say "opinions" as I know you all have opinions :surprised:.. Anyway, here's an excert from the email I received. The PDF document (linked from here) is their initial draft. I plan to attend a meeting in March and hopefully we'll have some more input at that time, but for now, please post your comments, or better yet, email them to Tom. His email address is below.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough Trails Advisory Commission, or activity as a trail user, the Borough Dept of Parks and Recreation asks for your participation in the design of trail etiquette signs.

The hundreds of miles of multi-use trails within the Fairbanks North Star Borough invites broad and heavy use; unfortunately, this use has created conflicts among trail users. The Fairbanks North Star Borough has received a Recreational Trails Program grant (AK DNR, Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation) to help address this problem.

A rough trail etiquette sign design has been completed and it is felt by both the Borough Trails Advisory Commission and Parks & Recreation that a review of the design by trail user groups and land managers would be beneficial and appropriate. We ask that you review the attached document outlining our project and design, and would appreciate your comments and ideas.

If possible, please provide comments to me by February 20, 2009. If you have any questions or need additional information please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me. We looking forward to comments and ideas.

Sincerely,

Thomas E. Hancock, Jr., Trails Coordinator
Department of Parks and Recreation
thancock@co.fairbanks.ak.us

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FNSB Trail Etiquette Signs

#2 Post by john »

The link to the initial Trail Etiquette document. Its a PDF form.