Trail Projects

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Trail Projects

#1 Post by john »

At last nights board meeting it was decided that we would get some summer trail maintenance work done on:

1) The trail between 10 Mile Merchantile and Chatanika Lodge, specifically the section that goes up the hill through the trees to the top of Iowa Dome. This is about a 3 to 4 mile section. Required work is brushing of overhanging limbs and branchs.

2) The Old Mail Trail between Chatanika Lodge and Circle. were looking at the portion of the trail betwwen Chatanika and Sorrel Creek, about 8 miles worth. Needing brushing and some widening.

No dates set as of yet. We should figure on doing these between June and July sometime.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

We could use 12 to 20 volunteers for each project.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

The folks at Fort Knox have given us the OK to cross their property and use the road to access Iowa Dome for some trail maintenance.

The trail in question is the one we use from CHSR to Chatanika Lodge. Access via Fort Knox road will make it a lot easier for us to get to those parts of trail needing some attention.

We need to brush out the trail and place some trail markers.

So were looking for volunteers and ideas on a date. I figure we can do it on a weekend, 2 days at most with a good crew.

So speak up if your interested and maybe suggest a date.

The board meets next Wed 6/8/2005 and I hope to set a definite date at that time. We have to give the Fort Knox folks some advance notice for security purposes.