Trail Maintenance Ideas

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Trail Maintenance Ideas

#1 Post by john »

Thought it might be good to get some dialog going on trail maintenance for this summer.

Have any suggestions on which trails you'd like to see some work on :?:

I was thinking that the 10 Mile Merchantile to Chatanika might be a good start. Maybe work on brushing out that section along the hill on the CHRS side, also look at Fish Creek for a more suitable crossing means.

Darrell

Now that you ask

#2 Post by Darrell »

Yes the trail to Chat from the Hot spring road is a good idea, bridge would be great, who's land is it on? Also is the new Fort Knox mine area going to kill this trail. :shock: Which makes me ask about old trail to Chat from Old Murphy Dome road off the Elliott Hwy is it going to be restored now that true north project is done and do we need to do anything there as a club. :?: Talking about bridges, how about one the club built years ago, out from Chena Lakes in the potlatch ponds area, when the last time anyone looked at it to see how its holding up. :?:
Should do a check of the bride across the Little Chena too... ::P:

Darrell

Last meetng

#3 Post by Darrell »

So I missed the last meeting. What trails are to be worked on this summer? Anything else? Anyone :!: