Cleary Summit to Chena Hot Springs Maps

Have questions on using a GPS?, maybe you have some thoughts on which ones work on a sled and those that won't hold up?... Let us know

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Cleary Summit to Chena Hot Springs Maps

#1 Post by john »

Thanks to Chuck Johnson, we have a couple of new maps in the maps database.

The first one is the Two Rivers Multiple-Use Trail System.

The second one is Cleary Summit to Chena Hot Springs road, just above Two Rivers Lodge.

We don't have the way points on these yet, but you can download and print the maps as a guide.

Darrell

Maps, waypoint, track logs, up to you.

#2 Post by Darrell »

Here is a chance to let us know what you think.. If you looked at this map, what do you want to see, Waypoints, track log, or just the picture. Maybe you got no use for any of this, let know before we put in a lot of time on this only to find out no one will use this info, sooo how about a comment :P

alaskan100

GPS Maps

#3 Post by alaskan100 »

Hello All,
This is my first post on this forum and what a subject for my first post as well.

This is my opinion of the maps and there possible format. I think all of the above Waypoints , track map and just the picture. I know that means more work is involved in the creation of the maps. But it also means more people can use them. Here is a couple of examples

1. Some people would not have the capibility of downloading a track map to there particular GPS. They could however enter in the coordinants of the waypoints manualy.
2. Some people would like to download the track maps to there GPS. Especially the people who own the newer GPS's and are comfortable with there use.
3. Then there are the people who do not want all that fancy electronic stuff. And in Alaska there are a number of them. Some of them like the old method of map and compass.

It is really a very tough decission. Everyone should be able to use the trails. And as a club there is a certian responsibility to make sure people have fun but also they do it responsably and safely.

Well there is my two cents for what it is worth.