Avalanche Packs on sale

Somethings you should always remembers before you go for ride.
Did I forget anything ? Let us all know

Moderator: john

dirtyrice

Avalanche Packs on sale

#1 Post by dirtyrice »

If anyone is interested I thought I would pass this on. I found the BCA Float 30 avalanche pack on sale for $292.00 online and I picked one up for myself. The pack itself is really nice but of course the best part is that it can save your life in an avalanche. The MSRP on these was $500 for this season and they are going to be $600 next season, so if you ride in avalanche country this would be the time to get one.

I researched it before I bought of course, lots of testing and real world results show they keep you from getting buried so that was enough to get me to shell out $300.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://mammothgear.com/newshop/shopexd.asp?id=29368

-Ken

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Avalanche Packs on sale

#2 Post by john »

Reviews are good. I've thought about getting one, but does it have room/compartments to carry a probe and shovel ?

dirtyrice

#3 Post by dirtyrice »

Yes, the outermost pouch is designed for a shovel blade and two side pouches for shovel handle and probe. The regulator and cylinder section is in the main compartment of the pack but is zippered off inside so you can still store some stuff inside the main compartment also. The 4th compartment is on the top of the pack and is a lined goggle compartment.

The nice thing about the side pouches for the shovel handle/probe is that they are full length so the handle/probe goes all the way into the pouch and it has a secure hook style latch that goes over the top to make sure you don't lose anything. My old pack was designed where the bottom 6 inches of your probe/shovel would be in a pouch but the upper portions were supported by loops. I can thank that design for my shovel handle sitting somewhere on a glacier in Valdez right now :)

irshpryd40

#4 Post by irshpryd40 »

Here is a link to the ABS site. Their packs are a bit more pricey, I have one and lucky me havent used it yet. (dont plan on it either)

http://www.abs-airbag.com/home.php?chid ... 081df9d023